How do I cut a hole for a sink?

Hey there Robert. Doesn’t WinRAR come with Windows? I use an iMac and it has its own build in compression program (sorry name not known), but it doesn’t seem to compress it enough so that I can upload my model.

There is also version for MacOS (I am using WinRAR with Windows) WinRAR download free and support: WinRAR Download Latest Version

I will give it a try! Thank you. R~

Behind the scenes, I believe Mac’s Compress just runs zip (it uses a .zip extension). So, I doubt you will get significantly better results with RAR.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that too. Thanx slbaumgartner.

You can try two other things

• make sure you have Purged the model before trying to compress and upload (Window/Model info/Statistics - Purge unused)
    *upload to the 3dwarehouse if model is still over 3MB but under 50MB, or to a file sharing service like Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive

Take a backup copy first if think you might lose unused but later needed components, layers etc.

I tried using Dropbox to send my house plans to contractors and I had problems with it. The people receiving the file said the plans were corrupted or hard to read upon receiving the file so I uninstalled it. I don’t know much about the other two.

I’m sorry to hear that. Were you sending them SKP files, or exports to DWG or PDF?

I’ve been using Dropbox almost since it started for sharing all sorts of files, including SKP and PDF, and don’t remember ANY examples of files being corrupted in transit.

I’ve not had a use for DWG files, except occasionally to import old ones I made in AutoCad a long time ago which I wanted to review or edit in Sketchup.

They were PDF’s. It’s all good. I eventually figured out my mac had a compression tool and that was enough to get 'r done. :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.