How can I run my file .cpp c++ file as a cron job when I alter my skp file?

Hello guys,

I have .cpp file to do some conditions on components that will be put on my .skp file.
I need to run it every second or every move for any component or add a new component to my skp file.

Thanks.

On what platform?

What “move”? Is this when using SketchUp? Do you want to compile a CPP file based on user action within SketchUp?

I think if you elaborate more in your scenario and context you’ll find more response to your question.

1 Like

Use observers, not a timer.

Your extension will need to automatically attach observers like this template …

Template moved to …

Then when a component or group instance is moved, the onChangeEntity callback method in the EntitySpy will get called.

Where you see my "# do something ..." comments is where you would call your C side functions using the object converter listed here: SketchUp C API: SketchUpAPI/application/ruby_api.h File Reference.

1 Like

Thank you @tt_su , @DanRathbun

After I wrote code in c++ and tried to do my extension, I transform it to ruby API :sweat_smile: , It’s easier and it has a lot of examples :smile: .

That is what I need to do and I did it, Thanks a lot.

But now I need to use my extension in the web version, I will ask in a new topic
ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

The web version doesn’t have an API at this point.

1 Like

thomthom versus tt_su

Exception:

:smiley: You need to wear a right hat and your extension will run… :wink:

Explanation:

Solid Inspector² from Thomas has been “natively” implemented to web version.
There are a different hats (thomthom versus tt_su) in his avatar. I wanted to point out that he is now a member of the SU team (wearing other hat), not only an extension developer.

2 Likes

Members who are not very good at English do not understand such jokes. They can easily become confused.

EDIT: @dezmo Thanks for adding the explanation!

2 Likes

Thank you very much @dezmo @DanRathbun @tt_su

1 Like