How can I edit the dimensions of a Sketchup Model once created?

This has to be the most asked question but cannot find it on my search through communities.

I am new to SketchUP and am using Sketchup Make 2017. I have downloaded a trial of Sketchup Pro 2018 but several things just don’t run {like typing a dimension in the dimensions box and altering something as I am drawing it. Can’t use it because I need to type in 10 x 20 and the programme do this for me!}

So, I have a simple object, say a rectangular solid. I initially draw it at 150 mm x 200 mm x 10 mm. I come across this later on and want to change the length to 250 mm from 200 mm.

How do I do this?

Cheers.

You can push pull it 50mm, you can move it 50mm or you can scale it to 250mm.
Modify

Note that you don’t use x as the separator between the dimensions. Use a comma if you use a period for a decimal separator or a semicolon if you use a comma as the decimal separator.

So you would type 10,20 or 10;20.

Dear Dave and Box,

Thanks, so simple once you know how. Yes, I did get the format for entering dimensions, it was just that my insertion point would not move to the dimensions area on screen. Having lunch and trying again worked this time around.

Thanks to both of you.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.