Export to dwg. sketchup does not respond

I HAVE A LISCENCED SKETCHUP PRO. EVERYTIME I TRY TO EXPORT A FILE TO 2D dwg FORMAT SKETCHUP STOPS RESPONDING. PLEASE HELP.

@sadique.in please post a skp file for analysis. What is the behavior for a simple cube model?

HI, a simple cube gets exported in seconds and also smaller models that i have created. However this my actual model which is of a larger size which is approx the size of a shopping mall does not get exported. Thankyou @yogesh

Export of a large model can take a very long time, have you waited?

@Box yes I have waited for hours. tried several times. tried in different computers, tried restarting, even reinstalling sketchup. sketchup just stops responding. does it not really work for bigger models?

Yes it will work with very large models. But any number of issues can cause it to fail.
If you are able to upload the model to the 3d warehouse (less than 50mb) and post the link here someone may be able to find the problem.
Without the model it would be just guesses and try this etc.

@sadique.in, As suggested by @Box please send us the file for review.

You may try to export after reducing the file size
a) Unhide all the geometry and delete everything (e.g. geometry, texture, components, etc.) not needed in the export
b) Select Window>Model Info>Statistics> tab and select Purge Unused button
c) Save

some questions…

have you previously rendered the model?

or do you have any large textures?

a number of extensions add hidden data in the model that can cause problems with export…

what extensions have you used during the life of the file?

how large is your empty ‘Template’ skp that the model originated from?

what export settings are you using?

john

Are you able to export the file as a 3D model?

Anssi