Episode 1: SketchUp in Architecture with Nick Sonder

Section control in Layout

4 Likes

The biggest problem I described - trying to vector render the entire 3d model will crush your speed. Utilize Tag management to only show those elements crucial to the design.

3 Likes

You and Matt always blow my mind. LOL Thanks for your generosity here, greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Nick, you mentioned you are using AutoCad as well, which version will that be?

2 Likes

Donā€™t vector or hybrid render the entire model. USe the ā€œctrl + /ā€ to turn on and off object snap so you can move things quicker than snap in placeā€¦Matt would be so proud!

3 Likes

Thanks Mike!

1 Like

So far, so good. I deal with 6 or so building agencies, multiple consultants and many builders

2 Likes

I was wondering what are the plugins that you use most? I know you use the one from Tig for doing your Line work, but I do not see one that is Mac Compatible or for SU 2020. Any suggestions?

Really appreciate your contributions. Has completely changed my practice.

When do you anticipate release of updated Sonder/Donley method Book?
Detail Library?

1 Like

Thanks Nathaniel.

great someone on the chat was asking for this I donā€™t remember the name, the only problem I have to apply to my workflow is that I use color by tag so I have to think how I can incorporate that technique to my projects.

1 Like

I think I was referring to someone else. I donā€™t even have ACAD on any machine for 9 years now.

4 Likes

I donā€™t create Line Work anymore so I donā€™t use that. I use mainly native tools, Profile Builder and Lumion.

1 Like

Hopefully this fall.

1 Like

Nick mentioned that his engineer does some of their work in Acad.

1 Like

What do you say if someone says that the ā€œtoyā€ SketchUp cannot do serious work after all?

2 Likes

At the fireside chat I asked - When it comes to electrical, hvac and plumbing, is that something you also integrate in your plans?

1 Like

What are your main uses of the Profile Builder plugin? Looks like its pretty versatile.

Do you do anything related to estimating from your models? Bill of Materials?

1 Like