Edit Text available on rightclick menu, but does not work!

Please help. It is crucial to my project that I be able to edit text labels that I add to the file on the PC version before uploading to my.sketchup.com.

I might be mistaken, but I have a hard time to find the Text Tool in the tool bar of my.sketchup.com. But using the Dimension Tool, I can create a dimension, right click → Edit Text and nothing happens, too.

An explanation would be that it just has not been enabled (maybe the text editing GUI is not implemented for the browser). That’s why the Text Tool could be hidden from the toolbar, but the Edit Text function was not hidden from the context menu.

This is a regular sketchup file made on the computer that I opened in the browser with my.sketchup.com. You’re right that there is no text tool for the browser.

As @Aerilius, said, it’s probably not implemented yet. my.SketchUp is still in beta.

Yea I don’t think fellow users can really help me with this. I’m hoping the people working on the beta might see this–as silly as that seems now that’ I’ve typed it.

I’ve got my fingers crossed.

I guess you’ll just have to be patient and wait for it to be implemented in my.SketchUp or send it back to your PC SketchUp installation to edit the text.

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.