Cotty's gallery images

Looks like a Geberit tank system. On my mind becasue I used one some years ago, and they just came up again for another project in the last few months.

well spotted! :wink:

And a second version…

7 Likes

Wow! This is the first time that I have come across your work and it is very impressive! Specifically to do with this post on your son’s desk…

Did you use an “explode” plugin to generate the exploded view of the parts for the desk or did you manually move the parts apart so you could display them as a portfolio image? If you used a “plugin”, what plugin do experienced users like you recommend?

I was going to comment about what an impressive cantilever off the wall for the desk without any apparent additional supports but now do see that you have a strong angle bracket, at least at one end.

Very nice work!

1 Like

This is a very nice and simple example of using the match photo function. I have had trouble over the years really getting it to work for me because I get overwhelmed by the grids and handles presented. Can anyone recommend a good, comprehensive tutorial for learning to use match photo for conceptual design.

1 Like

Yes, they were moved manually, I wanted to do a construction animation with Fredos animator plugin, but hadn’t enough time to finish it.

There are 3 of them two at the longer side and one on the right.

1 Like

I would start here:

And my tip: start at the origin and draw only connected geometry.

4 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

And if there’s something “unconnected”, you can draw edges of the appropriate dimensions, based on field observation, from the “connected” elements to locate it and continue

1 Like

5 Likes

I had only one key for an old simple lock so I modelled it in SketchUp and had a couple of copies printed in steel. Worked perfectly.

1 Like

How would I draw a Pencil the long skinny part is easy but the point is had to get to shape and size

Hi Lynne, if you have a question that has nothing to do with the topic, you better start a new topic. That way the forum stays clean and organized and people with the same question can find the same answers you get!

It’s a simple intersection with a cone…

11 Likes

I remember poking my finger into a pencil sharpener. At least I could see clearly on my fingernail how the sharpener would meet the pen.

6 Likes

Good thing you are with the SketchUp Team now.

SketchUp has no pencil sharpeners?

On this particular occasion…

5 Likes

6 Likes