Just vested two days trying to figure this one out. Wondering if there are any other better solutions out there from the DC Community. Don’t think a Ruby Plug-In would be of help. Perhaps I’m wrong. This is the workflow:
Convert Dynamic Component to Auto Glue
(While keeping the DC Attributes)
• Create a NEW Component with the Auto Glue feature.
• Get INSIDE this New Component (Dble Click)
• Import the Regular DC Component INSIDE the new Auto Glue component
• ROTATE the DC along the X-Axis as needed to match the Cut/Glue Plane on the New Compo.
• The New Compo is now the PARENT Component
• COPY All Parameters from the DC’s former Parent Component onto the New Parent Component.
This includes Size, Custom Parameters and such.
• Copy the NAME on the DC’s Former Parent Component
• Explode the DC so that its Parent Component gets deleted.
• Paste the NAME from the original DC’s Parent to the NEW Parent Component.
This is important so that parameters in the former Parent get properly referenced when transferred to Child Components now that the Parent Component has been redefined.
• Most but NOT all of the Auto Glue’s GREEN Axis will now control what used to be the BLUE Axis on the DC and Vice versa.
Some Child parameters that were previously referenced off the DC’s Original Parent Compo are now read from the new Auto Glue Parent Compo where THE BLUE AXES NO LONGER EXISTS!
• All RED (X) Parameters should remain unaltered.
Kind Regards and a Happy New Year to All