@Box, a couple of times your cursor went off screen to select a tool or extension. Could you please comment on what you used?
The one to the top was split tools which added the mitre edges where they were missing, split donut. the one to the bottom was Fixit 101 by anton s, this put the faces on the end. Neither is necessary (or available in the web version), just expedient.
Hello again. Charlie here. Hope I sent this correctly. Based on your earlier guidance I was able to extrude this profile long using FollowMe. These are a left and right, opposing pieces. One end of the model is white. Don’t understand why. The ends were sealed up by Intersecting Faces / With Selection. I created panels at the needed 7 degrees and stuck them in place, intersected, and deleted unneeded geometry. Cleanest geometry so far.
Then all hell breaks loose.
I needed to move the overall horizontal dimension out by a 1/16 or less. I put my grouped piece in the larger host model and attempted to fit in place. I need more practice here.
I’ve double checked my host project. Everything was, when I first built and assembled, snapped correct to dimensions and square, (usually snapped), or on 7 degrees as by typing. I still may put mortises through the piece. I designing on the fly. Always seem to create a worm hole with changes and adjustments. Found layers of “grouped” geometry yesterday in attempts to adjust or change.
Planter 3.skp (342.8 KB)
Compound Angles 3 Clean.skp (200.0 KB)
Actually, the problem is with all the other faces: they are reversed, hence show gray-blue. You should fix this before painting textures onto the model, as the textures will mask the problem.
Whenever modeling something solid, you should always make sure that the white, front side of every face is oriented outward and the gray-blue side is oriented toward the interior. You can fix it by right-clicking on the white face and selecting “Orient faces” or by right-clicking on a reversed face(s) and selecting “Reverse faces”. I like to use orient faces because if it fails that indicates you have somewhere that the nature of your “solid” is ambiguous, often where two sub-objects meet at a point.
I don’t know which part you want to adjust or what target size you want it to be. Could you explain more?
In your compound angles file you have two copies of the group stacked exactly atop each other, which is likely to cause confusion.
So you are looking at the 1 of 2 opposing bottom pieces. If you were to slide it into position on the green axis, the top notch fits to the bottom of the first panel without feet. So the target size is the distance between the two perpendicular footed pieces at the top notch alignment.
I understand this will not be so critical in reality. But it would help with my inspection in that minor inaccuracies can play havoc with construction of pieces. I’m seeing tiny little discrepancies in assembly. Things I’m not seeing when first inspected.
Took care of that layered group issue.
I think you are going to have trouble sliding your sides together.
On opposing corners you have halved joints on opposing angles wich makes it impossible to join them…