Can't see any items - everything gone grey

Hi there,

Hoping someone might be able to help. Using SketchUp web and built a model. Started playing around with Scenes trying different views (clicking the different perspective options) then clicked into parallel projection and now I can’t see any of the items, the screen is just grey.

When I load the file, I can see something - maybe the axes - then a grey colour covers everything. I know the objects are there because I can select them and see them in ‘Entity Info’ but I just can’t see through this grey screen.

I’ve tried closing and reopening the file but still getting the same issue. Any help/ideas much appreciated.

There are multiple possible explanations. If you can upload your model here, we can take a look and tell you for sure. From the web version, start by clicking the three-line menu at upper left and then choose Download to get a copy of the model file on your computer.

Ah amazing, I was worried it was a bug so hopefully it’s fixable.

Uploaded here. Thank you! :raised_hands:
Trade Show Stand.skp (3.1 MB)

Here you go.
Trade Show Stand.skp (3.0 MB)

1 Like

Huzzah!!! Amazing, thank you so much.

Can I ask, what did you do to fix it?

I ran a plugin to correct the camera position in SketchUp Pro. Probably should have tried Zoom Extents first but didn’t. I also purged a bunch of unused materials but that wasn’t related to seeing the model.

Edit: further looking and I see you managed to get the camera positioned a long way from the model and Zoom Extents wouldn’t fix it.

1 Like

Ah great to know. Any easy way to solve that in the web version? I tried using different scenes to focus/zoom me on selected objects but that didn’t work.

No. Not really a good way in the Web versions unfortunately. Even selecting the components and using Zoom Selection through Outliner doesn’t help.

1 Like

Good to know and a strong vote for the Pro version.

Many thanks @DaveR

You’re quite welcome.

There’s certainly more than that in favor of SKetchUp Pro. Additional tools as well as input and output options.

and support for tons of indispensable, mostly free extensions/plugins, why should anyone want to waive them. :star_struck:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.