Cannot save style or drag it to secondary pane

That might be the problem. Is that the path in your SketchUp preferences?

Yes it is.

Could you try setting that path back to the default and putting some styles in that folder to see if it changes anything in LO? Or maybe first try putting some styles in the default user Styles folder but don’t reset the path in SU’s Preferences.

finally tested your ask.

If I save a style to the default Styles folder within SKU, it will show up in Layout.

So it looks like Layout cannot realize the path to my NAS drive.

Is this a normal behavior?

UPDATE:

Also tried a new folder on my desktop so the path is local now. Do not see any change in the behavior.

I’m not sure how LayOut gets the path.

Did you set that path in SketchUp’s Preferences and was it set that way when you sent the .skp file to LayOut.

So I made the folder then set the path in SKU Preferences then I saved the style to the folder and then had to load that new collection back into SKU. After that I save the file and then return to LO. Don’t see it. I guess I might try a new SKU file and see if I can make it work there. If it does work then it’s just that my steps are off in older file.

Hmmm… I’ve always used the default locations for several reasons. It’s always just worked for me. If I can get some time to modify things, I’ll try and see what happens.

d