Can I undo a select or deselect? Or, what do I do if I mess up a complicated selection?

Let’s say I’m carefully selecting some complicated set of faces. I’m familiar with the various ways of doing that efficiently. But once in a while I’ll make an accidental click outside of my selection and the whole thing goes away. Is there anything I can do in this instance to get my selection back? Or do I have to start all over?

If I Undo, it just undoes the last actual creative decision, does not effect the selection process.

Check this plugin: Selection Manager .

I’m not sure how to install this. I downloaded the file from your link and they instruct one to just put the text file in the “plugins” folder, but my installation of Sketchup did not add a Sketchup plugins folder. Do you know how I get this to run in the application?

Plugin is a bit old, so you need to do it manually. (notice this file is .rb, -i think- newer ones have .rbz which allows you to auto-install via SketchUp)

Copy the plugin to here:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017\SketchUp\Plugins

then you’re good to go.

Or better yet, download it directly from the Extension store.

or a more recent one

1 Like

You can also try TomThom’s Selection Memory. Extension | SketchUp Extension Warehouse

1 Like

Interesting topic, thank you all.

Thanks for all the helpful answers!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.