Bee hive stand

Any bee keeper around? I don’t have bees yet, but I’m preparing some parts already. I’ve designed a hive stand but I’m not sure whether I have overlooked important characteristics. Any ideas?

hive_stand_2.skp (784.1 KB)

And an image of the first prototype

Awesome! Maybe ant-proofing? From what I’ve read online, it’s something like putting oil (or tanglefoot) in a can around each leg to make an insect barrier.

Another version following the example of this video, no big screws for the hight adjustment needed and therefore maybe a bit cheaper than the first version (?) , but less possible height variation…

I’ve asked some beekeepers around and ants don’t seem to be a problem here…

Very nice. Would the frame sit on the legs using only friction or would you somehow attach the legs to the frame once it is leveled? I would expect that once it is leveled, no further adjustment would be needed unless it gets moved.

Yes, only friction, in the video, the beekeeper ist standing on top of the stand without any problem. I will build a prototype and test it…

Oops! I missed the video link. That clarifies it.

Looks like it works very well. I don’t know that I’d keep bees but I’ll remember that method of setting up a frame to be level on an uneven surface. In fact it gives me an idea for a new thing my son and I are designing for his scout troop.

Another advantage would be the needed storage space…

A small modification (only one push pull :wink: ) to get a place to put a frame while inspecting the hive…