3DConnexion's Spacemouse Enterprise Kit

I know this is an old post but I’m trying to finally get my Enterprise setup. Wondering how you got a radial menu to have 8 slots? I’m on a Mac and don’t see a way to add slots to a radial menu

Hi Keith,

I’m on a PC and my menu option shows this:

I’m not sure how or why it would be different on a Mac, but then again I’ve never even touched a Mac before so I am at a disadvantage!

Hope that helps,

John

image001.jpg

I do have a Mac, but only a simple Space Mouse so I don’t know if the Enterprise offers a different UI. However, this is what the settings panel looks like for me:

Note: 3DConnexion’s support and development for Mac is terrible, so it never pays to assume that a feature available on Windows looks or works the same on Mac.

Thanks everyone…this image is what I see as well.

4 sections only and no option for an 8 section.

I found a random reference on the 3Dconnexion forum back in October of 2021 about the Mac originally having an option for an 8 section but that the driver went thru a change on the Mac and the 8 section was removed. A response from 3Dconnexion staff was that it should come back in future driver updates, but apparently that day hasn’t happened.

Is a possible solution for Mac users to create multiple 4 section radial menus and then assign them to the number pads on the Enterprise? In this way there could be 48 shortcuts assigned to the number pads. Possible?

here’s the link to that forum post

https://forum.3dconnexion.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=41782&p=83254&hilit=8+way+radial+menu#p82725

3DConnexion has been perhaps the most frustrating company I have dealt with on Mac. They have a history of severe bugs in their drivers for Mac and of glacially slow development of fixes or new versions. Features often lag by years after they appear on Windows, and some never appear at all! I suspect that they don’t see Mac and SketchUp as being a significant part of their market, so devote the minimum possible resources to them.

Please don’t misunderstand me: I love my space mouse and am fully addicted to it. That’s why their terrible support for Mac is so frustrating.

1 Like

3DConnexion do have an archive of drivers, perhaps an older one works and has the 8 options.

Not to mention that they have yet to offer any Space Mouse with either USB-C or Bluetooth (though that is just evidence of how behind the times their product development is, not of ignoring Macs).

My SpaceMouse kakked out about a year ago and I’ve resisted replacing it, since I’ve been waiting for them to release one with modern connections. If their pace of Mac driver development/debugging is any guide, I could be waiting for years! :frowning:

sad reality because it really is an amazing tool. Wonder if they are slow because they are developing all those other products in their lineup? Keyboard, numpad, mouse, mouse pads…