Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Who are you, who, who? (show us those pearly whites smiley ) I’m Intizam… can call me Izam
What is your industry and profession? I’m an engineer (electromagnetic compatibility… not related to sketchup at all by the way)
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Personally
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes…) Home remodelling ideas, I like how easy for me to use it.
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? I can say… intermediate, I guess
What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count) Mac OSX, SketchUp make 2015 (pro trial), I used SketchUp 7 in my old PC.
Do you have a 3DW page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? Not at the moment since all my design files I kept in my personal folders.
Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…) I really like to show some of my creation and would like to have your improvement suggestions once in a while.
What is your favorite Emoji? Hmmm… smiley faced with the cold sweat
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? Sure

2 Likes

I moved a post to a new topic: Training for SketchUp as a Landscape Architect

I moved a post to a new topic: 3d printing and transformer add-ons

After being involved in this iteration of the SketchUp Community since it migrated from the previous Forum, I guess it’s time to finally introduce myself too. Plus it gives me an excuse to show some of my work on 3dwh.
I’m J. V. Lee, a licensed professional architect and former educator at several universities. I use SketchUp professionally, but for me that is kind of like using it personally as I am a sole practitioner.

I am an advanced user although I continually learn new things about the program almost daily. My system is a Dell Precision M6600 with 16 gb RAM, numerous hard drives ranging from 500 gb to 5tb capacity and an nVidia Quadro 3000M graphics adapter. This is an Intel i5, 64 bit computer with Win 7 OS. The current setup is going to be augmented with a new Dell Inspiron i7 notebook computer having considerably greater processing power and speed within the next few weeks because the current system has recently begun to display signs of wear and tear.

I have been using SketchUp since version 3 and enjoy it because of its relative simplicity and ease of use. In fact, I am such a fan that I abandoned use of AutoCAD, Vectorworks and Revit in favor of SU some time ago and have not looked back since.

A sample of some of my projects can be seen at: [J. V. Lee sample projects]

Emojis and beaches? Let’s not get into that right now, OK?

3 Likes

Who are you, who, who? (show us those pearly whites )
I have now passed the age of 60 years and consider myself mature. But, as graphic artists in general, … never quite adult.
I work with a variety of different graphic styles and techniques.
And, with too many programs. (I want to emphasize that I do not really understand much of what is happening inside my PCs and Mack’s - but love what I can get out of it.)

What is your industry and profession?
I I own a small graphic studio located on the west coast of Norway. My market is mainly domestic.

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
A large part of my tasks is to visualize and simplify HSE information, procedures and practices in connection with petroleum operations.
Often this includes buildings and ships. And for thath, -SketchUp is a wonderful tool.
But sometimes I bang my head into problems where I need expert skilled at a higher level.
So I have great hopes that this forum is the answer, and thath I allso can contribute with something sometimes.

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes…)
Its interface is intuitive. (Yes, to impress babes. SU is my strongest cards nowadays…)
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
When it comes to modeling I’m on intermediate. I has not yet posted anything on Google Map. Thath is my next target. My rendrering knowledge is also only so-so.
What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count)
Thinkpad/Lenovo W 701ds And 2 MacBook Pro. All have a second monitors. I also have a Wacom drawing boards .
Do you have a 3DW page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)
Peek into: http://studiok.no/ Gallery/ animation/
Otherwise … in our family you will find: my wife “Brynja” from Iceland and our Dacks dog “Snorre”.

What is your favorite Emoji?
I’ll make it when I get time.

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?
Not at all.

2 Likes

I moved a post to a new topic: Need help as new user

Who are you?

Mark K.

I am and architect and sometimes Sketchup instructor. It has been painless and fun to learn Sketchup, I have used it as a value added service to my clients to view 3D solutions and I am sharing the the 3D virtual modeling process with grade school students.

How proficient are you in SketchUp?

I believe myself to be a upper level intermediate heading to advanced.

What is your current set up?

HP p6510y, AMD Athlon II quad processor, 12 GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit, Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3400.

Do you have a 3DW page with your models?

No 3DW, I have a YouTube Channel with 3rd grader created models animated and set to music. [- YouTube]
I am trying to get (not yet) some animations and side-by-side stills with actual photos on my website.

Anything else you would like to tell us?

I am very interested in creating and sharing 3D maps. If there is a way to share interactive SketchUp models I’d appreciate any suggestions. I have been converting the small urban models I have creating from SketchUp models to 3D PDFs. The first level of interactive allowing the models to be navigated using a PDF viewer, the pull down views menu and by manually changing the view locations in the 3D PDF has been achieved. Embedding popup information boxes into the 3D PDF (or SketchUp) model is my next task. If someone has an idea or path I could research I’d appreciate it. I had joined the SketchUp programming group to try to expand on this idea. I have very little programming experience only one semester of C++. If someone has a suggestion of a program that I should investigate spending time learning to allow me to achieve the idea of an interactive distribution 3D map I’d love to hear about it.

Besides instructing 3D virtual modeling to grade school students and conveying 3D design to my architectural clients via SketchUp I want to use SketchUp to model missing pieces to early 1900 tin toys and mock them up for evaluation on a 3D printer.

2 Likes

I am Jorge, from Colombia; I have my own studio where I work as a CAD designer, 3D modeler and architectural drafter.
I’ve used SketchUp for 7 years as my main sotfware to model; I use AutoCAD, Adobe photoshop and Adobe illustrator, I also use V-Ray for rendering. I graduated from architectural drafting school in 2013.

I use SkUp both personally and professionally. As I said before, I’ve used Skup for 7 years and since then I just got used to it. I love its interface as it was really quick to learn how to use it.

Visit my page to see my latest works, my portfolio: fb.com/studio4rstudio

3 Likes

What brought you to the SketchUp Community Forum?

• Ask a question
  • Wanting to give support
  • Want to be a part of the community
  • Just see what this is all about

0 voters

3 Likes

Who are you, who, who?
Thomas, Norway, Oslo!

Production designer, Movie and Television. (Set designer / draftsman)
(Also partly Graphics Designer. Previous profession)

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
Both… But most professionally

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
■■■■ easy to learn and use, and affordable for a struggling freelancer. Also easy to give the costumer (in my case producers, directors and photographers) the wow factor of moving in a 3D environment.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
I like to think advanced…

What is your current set up?
Portable and multiple. I move around alot. Work laptop Ultrabook Dell Latitude core i5 e7440… Home laptop Kunshuan core i7 and an old iMac 2010.

What is your favorite Emoji?
:wink: or :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?
Depends… In Norway, NO… Caribbean, ow yes.

6 Likes

Thanks for reading my post if you got this far - I look forward to communitying with everyone!

6 Likes

1 - I am Shakoor Wajid
2 - Interior Design Professional.
3 - Professionally and Personally. Basically helping myself, nothing to do with my company. I use SketchUp to explain my ideas.
4 - I heard about sketchup since the beginning but unfortunately only since 1 year I am using it, I was too busy to try and I was in the impression that it is as complicated as 3d Max. And when I first tried Sketchup, It was so easy that I learnt in couple of days. I Love its simplicity and free availability.
5 - Intermediate
6 - Windows 7, SketchUp Free version.
7 - 3DW profile - Not yet, very soon.
8 - I would like to Thank first the SketchUp Team and then all the 3D Model providers because I used them a lot and they make my life so easy and I would like to share my models also. And I request to reduce the Price of the Pro version and let it be for a limited period, encourage us by pricing for 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 5 years and lifetime…
9 - :relaxed:
10 - Yes I love Beaches.

4 Likes

srFolsom, retired, beginning user for woodworking modeling

2 Likes

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Sketch-up Tutorial on land-fill contours/ basement/ Civil/building interactions in landscap

I moved a post to a new topic: Did I download SketchUp Make or Pro?

Hi SketchUpers,
I am Patrich from Kenya. I am a student at Jomo Kenyatta University (JKUAT). Occassionally I use Sketch Up for personal academic purposes and I find it rather interesting to create any kind of 3D building in a fast and easy way. Currently am using Sketch Up Pro 2015 for my windows PC, 64- bit. I trust that my experience with SketchUp will be amazing as I work with it.

:wink: Whatever your passion is, go for it. #parting shot

4 Likes

Hi, I am Remy, I am very new to Sketchup and I got tons of questions!

1 Like

Hi I’m Bob. I have been using Sketch UP in some form for about 3 years. I would consider myself an intermediate user. I have several projects in the warehouse under my Bob D. name. I usually build what I model in Sketch UP. Things like a Go-Kart for my grandchildren, gun reloading bench, and a shooting bench requiring no tools for setup. I use it for work to do quick concepts of projects to use in the sales area. Sketch UP is not precise enough for the tooling projects we do. For that we use AutoCAD. Sketch UP is inadequate for things that measure to 4 place decimals. It is quite fast to do concepts that help me communicate with my customers much better than my competition. My customers gain a higher degree of trust in my quotes when they can clearly see my concept.

Bob

3 Likes

I moved a post to a new topic: CNC routing simple wooden signs

Who are you, who, who?
Just a hobby DIYer interested in automotives, electronics, mechanics and landscaping/gardening

What is your industry and profession? none
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Personally at home
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes…) Simple and relatively easy ro use and learn. Community support and free “Make” versions of non-professionals like me :wink:

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? beginner/intermediate
What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count) 2007 (late) iMac 21 inch, OSX 10.7.5 3DB RAM, 500 MB HD
**Do you have a 3DW page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?**No
**Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)**involved in audio for 25+ years as a salesman, designer and reviewer.

What is your favorite Emoji? NONE
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? Nope, but I do enjoy walks with my wife and dog.
[/quote]

3 Likes