Will sketchup pro stop working after expiration date

You’re ignoring several other features that Pro offers including the ability to import and export CAD and other file types and most importantly a license that permits the software to be used commercially. The license for Make does not permit that. As you are using it for your hobby, Make may be fine for you but for architects and other professionals, it’s not. SketchUp Make is not a Pro alternative.

2 Likes

They’re being paid for their work, as such, those who are hiring them should be covering the costs for their models.

That’s how our “architects and other professionals” will be paid. Other people in this topic are saying how the $300 for SketchUp Pro is expensive, however, (through some quick googling) an average architect - in America, at least - earn a total of $62600/year. Divided by 12 months, they earn roughly $5200, more than twice of what the average office worker (stats also from quick googling) earn - somewhere around $2500.

Pro is only $274 a year. These architects should be more than able to afford it. Regular hobbyists like me don’t need headset viewing, 2D design documentation and whatever else. I feel that Make is enough.

Go even more professional and try SketchUp Studio - which is overkill for just a hobbyist who doesn’t earn from what he/she makes - and you find that you can import and precisely model have access to LayOut and have fully rendered animations with 360 degrees panoramas. This is certainly for big companies who build and do big projects like designing and building a mall, a skyscraper, etc. These big companies definitely have the access to architects who are next-level and these architects will get paid a lot of money for their works - way more than what $639 a year, which is what Studio costs.
Even without Studio, Pro comes in at less than $300, and I’m certain that even if the designing takes 2 years, and cost the architect $550, he/she will get paid more than that.

I have designed a backyard studio using Make 2017in the past and once I have completed, I activated the trial on Pro versions like 2017 pro, 2018 pro, and so on to make export or even use a layout. For next project you can just reformat your HDD and start again.

Considering time you would spent messing around all those workaround and If you were to go to architect or designer for drawings, you will soon realise $300 a year is pretty reasonable.

What were you paying $300/month for? The SketchUp Pro subscription is only $300/year.

What’s not enough? Not enough money for SketchUp? Not enough to empty your wallet?

1 Like

To me, subscriptions like this are just short of blackmail. I nearly lost my business because I didn’t want to pay Intuit’s “subscription” plan to keep my accounts running. I just want software one time. I don’t mind that it is a couple years old. I’d prefer to choose to upgrade (or not) and not be forced to upgrade/pay-out-the-nose. Yes, my opinion, but if I pay $250 and use it like 3 times and then want to use it again next year … another $250? no thanks.