Modelur - Free data-driven urban design extension

Hi @E10kUser , have you tried to apply texture once SHP terrain is imported?

I tried, yes, but I was not successful.

The geolocated image is divided into several subsections and I haven’t figured out how to copy the complete material of the image, not just individual sections.

One other problem I’m currently encountering: my state provides terrain models with different accuracy. While I was successful in importing the terrain data with a grid size of 5m, 1m grid size seems to be too big for an import. I let the import run for an hour and it never finishes. (loading the file into the GIS importer works and I can assign the corresponding values/parameters.

Since I have to modify the file with QGIS anyway (file is not using WSR84) I’ll have a look if can reduce the amount of data one file holds, maybe that works better.

But I’m still looking for ways to apply the terrain layer to my actual geolocated image.

EDIT: I just checked. The 5meter file contains 40.000 entries, the 1meter file contains a million entries. I’ll let it a run a bit longer.

Hi @E10kUser, please bear in mind Modelur GIS importer was not created to import huge models. There are many reasons for that, the main one being it is not a GIS tool, but a parametric urban design tool.

For large models, you might want to check dedicated tools like Surfer, they can import/generate huge models a lot faster. I guess you can then import them into SketchUp.

1 Like