What computer can I use?

I have an iMac from ca 2007, can I use the latest SketchUp in that one? Or does it only matter on what operation system I have?

SketchUp only looks at the version of the operating system, not specifically at the hardware, with one caveat. The newest version (SketchUp 2015) is only available in a 64-bit version for Mac. I believe that the mid-2007 iMac has an Intel Core 2 Duo processor (which is 64-bit) but you’ll want to make sure. Here’s one article from Apple that may help you determine if your machine is 32-bit or 64-bit: Apple - Support - 404

SketchUp 2015 supports OS X 10.8 and newer.

Thanks,
Marc

I don’t believe it is actually relevant here as you are talking about Macs, but SU2015 is certainly available for 32bit windows systems.

Quite right - the mac version is 64-bit only. Windows is still 32 and 64.

Thanks,
Marc

I have that plastic white iMac.

To be certain that SketchUp will run to your satisfaction, I’d recommend just downloading a trial version and giving it a try!

-m

the mid2007 model? if so, you should be ok… it’s the oldest imac which will run sketchup2015. (you will have to update osx if you’re running 10.7 or earlier… but that imac will accept the update.

Ok, thank you.
(I have this problem though.) :smile: