Sketchup Modelling for 3d Printing

That should be fine, I probably won’t get a chance till tomorrow though. I think you can send it in a Direct message to me if you don’t want to post it here.

i tried looking for the direct message, but could’nt find it, how do i send you the file ?

@jesse_s i tried looking for the direct message, but could’nt find it, how do i send you the file ?

1 Like

@john_drivenupthewall i am not getting the ‘message’ option only. it shows just : " 4 posts in this topic" tab

it may have a ‘trust’ level filter, i.e. you need a few more post’s before your not seen as a robot spammer…

john

1 Like

Thanks @john_drivenupthewall, I pm’d @raorutvik92 to start the thread. @raorutvik92, were you clicking your own name or my name to start the PM?

@jesse_s I am clicking your name, but i cannot find that option.

@raorutvik92, oh well, you should be able to send it via the PM that I sent you, just reply and upload attachment.

Several thoughts for you:
You can attempt to print a thin shell but the printer treats it as one total sold and it uses more material and then you have a very fragile item that you may break during clean up or removal from platen;
If you rotate the item it appears you can substantially reduce the amount of over hang requiring support;
There is nothing that prevents you from printing separate items in one print session except for the print vol of you printer.
If "plug; is not complex shape printing and gluing it separately maybe option. IE Final Plug And Play_Mac1.skp (1.3 MB)