Lighting extension

I am a landscape architect, and am looking for a good extension for lighting and also for low volage lighting. I do see one called Light Up. Anything else out there. I have a co-worker experimenting with Realtime Landscaping by Specturm, and it has a lighting package that came with the program. Thank you.

Hello @treeguyster I would recommend looking through our Extension Warehouse. Try this search I have already started for you by clicking here.

Could you tell me a little bit more about what you want to achieve and how you want the extension to perform? Then I may be able narrow down some of the extensions and do a better search for you.

Many thanks,
AlexB

Thank you for getting back to me Alex. I have been on the extension sarehouse, but just briefly. I saw the extension “Light Up”, but it is a little more than I want to spend. It would be nice to be able to darken a scene, and where there may be a light fixture, lets say a pathlight along a sidewalk, project the light or cone shape from the fixture, down to the sidewalk. or, if one was using a fixture to uplight a tree, also to have the scene darkened, but to lighten up the project path of the light from the fixture, up into the tree. Thanks again.

Many renderers offer a free trial. Often the best way to decide which is best for you is to try them.
Here’s a list of renderers that play nice with SketchUp:
SketchUp Sage Site > Resources > Renderers

thank you Geo, I will do some research on these.

1 Like