Layout 2015 Crashes on Startup

I have filed a Bug Splat numerous times but have had no response.

If I start it right after reboot it is ok. If I start anything (?) else first it crashes with a pure virtual error.

If I exit and restart layout it crashes.

@Marc are you able to check this out?

Hi Dan-

Thanks for submitting the bugsplat reports - I wish we could respond directly to every crash report that we receive, but there just isn’t enough time in the day. Posting here is definitely the best way to get support!

The crash you’re seeing is related somehow to the Scrapbooks feature of LayOut. When the Scrapbooks dialog is opened, LayOut scans the folders where it expects to find scrapbook files and makes a list of these files to be displayed. Your copy of LayOut is crashing in the code that tries to do a directory listing of the scrapbook folders.

On a standard install of LayOut on Windows, the default scrapbook folders are as follows.
The install directory, which contains the default scrapbooks. This folder should have been created during the install process.
C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2015\LayOut\Scrapbooks
The user-specific directory, which contains any custom scrapbooks. This folder will be created when LayOut is run for the first time, and will be re-created if it’s ever deleted.
C:\Users{your user name}\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2015\LayOut\Scrapbooks

The first thing to do is to make sure that these folders exist and are accessible to your logged-in user. You may have some sort of permissions problem, for example if your user account is not allowed to administer the computer, or if the SketchUp install was done by some other user. I would try running LayOut by right-clicking and choosing “Run as Administrator”. I would also try rebooting in Safe Mode and seeing if LayOut runs properly there. Another possibility is that a very aggressive anti-virus program is preventing LayOut from accessing the file system.

Thanks,
Marc