"YOU ARE OFFLINE" program doesn't open

It looks like the “[ONLINE CHECK]” entry has been removed from the "i18n.dat" file in the latest 19.3 release.

@Colin WHY? This allowed it to be set by users / companies that needed to set it to a custom location.

I hadn’t heard of that setting, and you may be the only person who has previously mentioned it. If you put it back in, does it work?

For however little it is worth, I can confirm that setting is also present in 2018 but missing in 2019 on Mac. Perhaps the equivalent is somewhere else?

It was in 2019.2, just not in 2019.3.

Had to mount and search the dmg for 2019.2, but you are correct. Present in 2019.2 and gone in 2019.3. Since it is in a file buried deep inside the app bundle where normal users shouldn’t try to tamper, it would seem that the developers never intended anyone to change it. But it also suggests that the target is now hard-coded or configured somewhere else since 2019.3 so far as I know still pings to check network connectivity.

1 Like

I did check the JSON preference files but did not see it.

Don’t know as my 2019 trial expired.

My point is that the online check problems occur and have been reported by others (usually companies) who are not in China. A setting like this should be settable and should likely be in the ProgramData folder as it would be a setting for the entire workstation regardless of user. (Ie, an "AppSettings.json" or the like.)

1 Like

nope.

It’s hard coded "https://bing.com".

I’m not sure if creating traffic for the ressources of other companies is the right way, using something own maybe cloud-based or a public service as the Google DNS server seems to be a more appropriate way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.