Working from Home (Quarantine Times)

Great play colin! You’ll probably have to be there till mid-May! LOL

Same here. Every time I go to a client’s house, and they apologize for their mess, I get to say, “Sorry, but I have you beat.”

I’ve been working from a home office since the beginning of 1990. What’s new now is I have to live stream from here to teach my class with high school students, and the place isn’t presentable! Gah! Maybe cover the mess with green screen?

Of course the SketchUp model of it is a lot tidier.

9 Likes

I should model my workspace. Not much to it. A little old flat pack desk from Target that I’ve modified several times, A 27 in. monitor and a 22" in. Cintiq. Served well for more than 20 years.

When I do online instruction I only show my desktop (computer screen, not the real desktop. :smiley: ) so it doesn’t matter so much. Maybe I need to get a web cam so I have a reason to keep my desk clean. Of course then I’d never be able to find anything.

1 Like

Awesome to see where you all are at! I figured I should share my other workspace, too. I moved the recording and live streaming gear to my garage.

18 Likes

please tell me you have a greeen screen and know how to use it. :sunny:

4 Likes

I live together with two other kind of species, so must of the time, it’s pretty tidied up.
I did not get the chance to pick a true monitor from the office, I have hooked a tv on my Mac.
:coffee:

One of the other species doesn’t seem to care much, just waiting to go for a walk.

We are a few steps beyond Italy, Spain and France. Lockdowns should be taken seriously, the whole goal is to have control on the numbers that get infected. Health care can not handle such large numbers.

Some may think of it being some sort of holiday (like my son) but it is not. When Madrid decided to have a lockdown, many took some holiday days and went for the coast. Same here in Belgium, where they went ‘celebrating the last possibility to get a beer’ in the bars of Zeeland and Brabant, which is next to Belgium.

My wife did manage to get back from a work trip from Spain in time, so we will expand the home office and be working together for at least three weeks (?!).

( I choose the background, my daughter came up with the text…)

11 Likes

I work from home anyway. Here’s the view from my office window. No “herds of magnificent wildebeest” (you have to be a Brit), but still. I like it. Traffic can be an issue. Every fortnight or so some pesky aeronautist flies over in his Cessna or whatever. I’ve tried taking him out but we have a limit on the power of our airguns over here and I’d be lucky to take out a pigeon at 20 feet.

Birdsong is deafening this time of year.

8 Likes

Working from home since 2013 :smiley:
Now in a new big “office” at our new home:

16 Likes

I’m not allowed anywhere else in the house!

View outside my window

10 Likes

Love your mess. When I’m in the area I’ll make sure to pop by :stuck_out_tongue: .

I’m to lazy to get out of my char, snap photos and plug in the camera to the computer, so here are some SketchUp screenshots of my home office.

(it’s a lot messier in the physical world)

19 Likes

What, no cathedral view?

Too lazy to get up but plenty of time to rustle up an entire SU drawing?

And if you’re too lazy to stand who’s that girl with the notepad??

1 Like

No that’s in one of the other rooms that I’m not allowed in!

It would be the Roman Catholic cathedral that I’d see.

Shucks. Move east.

i can see st pauls if I work at the table, a metre from this computer, but it’s a bit overcast outside atm…

I’m under a NDA on my actual workspace, but it’s really well organised, clean and tidy…

honest…

john

5 Likes

We’ve Skyped and I’ve seen your tidy workspace. :smiley:

1 Like

my wife affectionately calls it the ashtray…

john

1 Like

I can see the printed screws though…

1 Like

Are you in the Burgess Park area?

Burgess Park is behind the tree line in the direction right of the Gherkin…

it’s about 10 minutes by bicycle…

john