Wonder if there is a better way to connect these three sections?

I used the follow me function to create the saucer section but I cant figure out how to connect the red circle with the blue and then the yellow to make one section. The yellow will be another follow me away to the right, but both are supposed to connect to the launcher (which hasnt been modeled yet) in blue. Thanks in advance!
AkiraClass6.1.skp (679.2 KB)

Do the red and yellow sections need to be at that angle ?

yeah thats the trick. its all part of that lower saucer section. I included what it looks like complete but you can see the torpedo launcher in blue and how its all one piece. I know there is a way to do it, I just havent found it yet.
akira render

My suggestion is to model the curved part all around the circle then add solid objects at proper locations and subtract these.

Click in sequence on the scenes tabs of this SU file for ideas.

Akira - JL - 2024-04-20.skp (4.5 MB)

2 Likes

Sir, you have been a huge help. Thank you so much! Ill probably have more questions for you before this project is done. This will be something that I can 3d print, and assemble and its already been a fun and challenging experience. Thank you again.

AkiraClass6.1.skp (1.1 MB)

So Ive made my half ring because I intend to build half then mirror it so I know everything will be symmetrical. But two objects wont subtract because my ring isnt a solid apparently and I dont know how to address that.

I figured it out. Thank you again for your patience

Good thinking I was just about to suggest that approach which literally cut the job in two.