Windows 10 Update issue?

Windows 10 pushed out an update yesterday, and now my .skp files are not opening. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, have you found a resolution?

what does this mean exactly (freeze, crash, error message)?

Fair question, and thank you so much for your response. The issue was that when I clicked on my file to open it, the result was the proverbial spinning wheel–no error message, no automatic closing, just stuck on a screen that showed the Tool Set and a blank work space.

Luckily, this ended up being a “never mind”. I kept poking around, and the Windows 10 Help suggested using the native troubleshooter (settings>update&security>troubleshooter. I selected the “applications” option, selected SketchUp 2017, and ran the Troubleshooter. It found some compatibility issues, ran a fix, and now things are humming again. I’m not much of a tech person, so I was happily surprised when–after successfully opening my .skp file–a Windows pop-up appeared, asking me if everything was okay. Yay! I may check this more often now, whenever SU isn’t working quite up to speed.

won’t probably help because fixing e.g. a broken document association of the SKP format or assigning SU to the high-performance graphics card is pretty simple and can be done from outside SU whereas optimizing the performance requires other measures typically available from inside SU only or by empowering the hardware (CPU/GPU).

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.