Windowizer extension won't load in 2024

I just loaded 2024 and one of my essential plug-ins is Windowizer. Worked fine in 2023, but doesn’t seem to load because it is “unsigned”. Am I SOL or is there a work around that will allow me to use this and a few others that say “unsigned?”

are you sure that’s because they are unsigned ?
I have 5-6 extensions that are unsigned and they launch fine in sketchup24

I assume you get a message on startup ? that would instead mean that these extensions are not updated to the current ruby version.

1 Like

The fact that the extension is unsigned doesn’t mean that doesn’t work with sketchup 2024.

1 Like

No message on startup. I’ll check the other extensions, but Windowizer showed up after installing, but when clicked it doesn’t seem to run.

open the ruby console (extension / dev tools) then restart sketchup, and try to use windowizer. and see if something appears in the console.

1 Like

Screenshot 2024-04-09 095731

Looking closer at all the rubies that are unsigned in that screen shot - they all came with windowizer in it’s zip file.

Agreed. I am still able to use the old free version of Profile Builder with SU Pro 2024. Working like a charm…

Windowizer has some problems with the new version of Ruby that v.2024 uses. I was able to fix the scripts I use with help form @DanRathbun but as it is a copyrighted script I cannot distribute it. Unfortunately the original author seems to have abandoned the extension.

Awe…that’s sad. It’s probably my primary plug-in for facades.

Maybe @DanRathbun could help you fix your copy independently?

It seems he isn’t accepting messages currently :disappointed_relieved:

If you posted the FULL error message in the Ruby Console it’d help find the issue…

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t realize there was more…

c:/users/adehon/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2024/sketchup/plugins/su_pcp/bin/32/SUPCP.so: warning: undefining the allocator of T_DATA class swig_runtime_data

Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant Windowizer::Fixnum>

C:/Users/adehon/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/windowizer.rb:296:in `windowizer_settings’

C:/Users/adehon/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/windowizer.rb:207:in `activate’

C:/Users/adehon/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/windowizer.rb:108:in `initialize’

C:/Users/adehon/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/windowizer.rb:875:in `new’

C:/Users/adehon/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/windowizer.rb:875:in `block (2 levels) in <top (required)>’

Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant Windowizer::Fixnum>

C:/Users/adehon/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/windowizer.rb:296:in `windowizer_settings’

C:/Users/adehon/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/windowizer.rb:207:in `activate’

C:/Users/adehon/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/windowizer.rb:108:in `initialize’

C:/Users/adehon/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/windowizer.rb:875:in `new’

C:/Users/adehon/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/windowizer.rb:875:in `block (2 levels) in <top (required)>’

FYI: This warning applies to the Trimble Scan Essentials extension.

An maybe Dan won’t. Ie … how many users are out there?

Windowizer has a multitude of serious coding errors. Such as modifying core ruby and SketchUp API classes. It might be possible to have a script that overrides some of the errors, but other not.

I never have not gotten a clear answer whether the author really will fix this extension.

I myself do not have the latest version of it, so it makes it difficult for me to tell others what to fix.

1 Like

I found Rick Wilson on LinkedIn…messaged him.

Hey Marvinadad did you have any luck getting windowizer to work in 2024? I am currently facing the same issue and its a tool I use a lot.

Please keep us updated as to whether or not Rick is able and willing to update his great script for 2024. It’s one of the main scripts I use for so many things. Thanks for any update.

He said he was going to check it out and get back to me. I need to follow up with him.