Will sketchup pro run on a microsoft surface laptop 2

Hi - been researching hardware requirements for sketchup as I need a new laptop for garden design courses. I’d like to get a microsoft surface laptop 2 - but struggling to understand if the hardware will cope with sketchup. I’ll get the 8gb version, but the graphics card is integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (i5) Intel®

Will this be enough? I can’t really afford a laptop with a dedicated graphics card.

The MS Surface 2 was released in 2013. You need to be more specific about the unit, the OS it has installed and the version of SketchUp you will be using. Possibly post a link to the Surface 2 you are looking at.

Many many thanks for your help

Specification is:

Display Screen: 13.5” PixelSense™ Display Resolution: 2256 x 1504 (201 PPI) Aspect ratio: 3:2 3.4 million pixels Surface Pen* enabled Touch: 10 point multi-touch Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
Memory 8GB or 16GB RAM
Processor Intel® Core™ 8th Gen i5 or i7
Battery life Up to 14.5 hours of local video playback1
Graphics Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (i5) Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (i7)

I’m still waiting on the exact version of Sketchup I need to use for garden design from my tutors - I hope that it is a simpler version as I am a total technophobe!

I found a version of a Surface Laptop 2, from Amazon.. f this is the unit, released in 2018, it will run the SketchUp Pro. I believe you will be severely disappointed in the performance. SketchUp does not recommend internal graphics cards, also the amount to ram is lacking. Most users agree 32 G is the sweet spot with 16G the minimum. Bear in mind the internal graphics also uses a portion of the ram, so the full amount is not available for system use. If you are planning to use the web version of SketchUp I feel the results will also be disappointing. Personally I would not recommend this unit.
SketchUp Hardware and Software Requirements

I mean it will run; but how well it will run is entirely subjective.
I personally wouldn’t consider it, but people have been using SketchUp for the last 20 years on worse machines and have achieved great things.
If it’s hard landscaping or rough shapes you plan on making I think you will be fine, but if you wish to include 3D plants or other things you find on 3D warehouse I suspect you will fast run into problems.

many thanks for the replies - will have a think about what to do. I don’t have £1k to drop on a laptop to support a part time gardening course, where the sketchup is about 15% of course credits. Might see if I can find a friend with a more powerful machine to do the design parts.