Why textures hidden deep in library

When analysing bugsplats and probems with vray I found Sketchup is hiding textures of files deep, deep in the library (mac). When moving files between machines it is a constant nuisance, packing files for vray a headache, because textures seem to walk around, or not being where sketchup supposes them to be, without any clue why this is done this way.
Is there a workaround for this black box?

There have been suggestions/feature requests on the forum to enable a backup of all SU related settings, preferences, and libraries to one file for migration to another system.

I use a simple system of my own - I created an assets folder where I save all this info (and back it up) - it is getting rather large now at 217GB - I expect it to continue to grow much more.

For a number of versions, now, all custom assets are by default saved into a single location which can be copied and used on other computers. I also copy the custom components, materials, styles, and templates when I upgrade to a new version on the same machine.

say no more…

therein lays the problem…

vray for mac SU has always had issues, that they fail to acknowledge and fail to fix…

john