Why should I invest in Sketchup Pro when Sketchup Make is slowing down so much?

Hello guys, I have been using sketchup make for some time now and planning to update to PRO soon. However I dont feel confident investing in sketchup pro since the make version slow up so much and easy. Its really hard for me to complete any of my projects because of this. What can I do to solve this problem? Its over bearing at this point. Thank you for your help.

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

• SketchUp Help Center: Improving Performance

There are a few common reasons for SketchUp “slowing up”. Hardware issues such as inadequate graphics cards/drivers are often bottlenecks that cause slowing. (Your profile doesn’t indicate properly what graphics card is in your computer.) The other common one is poor modeling methods.

Newer versions of SketchUp have been optimized to run faster with suitable hardware and good modeling methods can help immensely.

If you are using Sketchup for commercial use, you would be required to use SketchUp Pro anyway.

You could download the SU v2019 Pro trial and test it out and compare to Make so you know for sure if your concern is real or not.

1 Like