White screen when going to (some) scenes in Parallel Projection - Sketchup 22

I was able to show the issue to the developers this morning. At the moment I was going to give them Doug’s larger file to look at, but do you have any small files that show the issue?

Hi, Colin

I don’t have any smaller files that display the problem. Perhaps AnnaHM can provide one?

Doug

Thanks for checking. I’m hoping Anna does, though it’s ok if they only look at your file. It’s bound to be the same issue.

Hi all, @Anssi asked me to post a file that had gone wrong, so here ya go - Télécharger les fichiers
if you click on any tab called 2d-fac"xxx" it whites out just as described above.
My work around was to go back to a known ok iteration of the file, & without doing anything save as v2021 and open and work in 2021 til the issue is solved as it’s too much hassle to do otherwise…
Best regards, PT

@dougshaffer had the problem that he needs the 2D scene to have the right “crop” in SketchUp so switching to Perspedtive and back to Parallel Projection and re-saving the scene doesn’t help him, but I am wondering what would happen to a LayOut viewport linked to the scene - would it preserve the scale and crop.

I am having the same problem with 2022. I was able to fix ity using the Eneroth parallel projection extension but it resets to the white screen when you close and open it again. This seems like a fairly big issue if you use sketchup for 2d drawings. This does not seem to impact Layout.

Thanks

Eric

Hi, eric4 -

It’s interesting to hear that with your file, the white screen occurs in Sketchup but not in Layout. In my case, both Sketchup and Layout are affected.

Thanks for you input. The more people we can include in this topic, the higher priority it will be for Trimble. : )

Doug

I’ll keep an eye out for a smaller file as I go through my projects.

I went ahead and logged the bug using Doug’s file.

We made some progress. There is a very large area set of edges in the model (over 1400 feet across), and removing those edges cures the white scenes. You can try this file:

https://we.tl/t-GnhnbLq4Ez

We’re looking for what changed recently that has made SketchUp fail when the model is that big. It previously didn’t fail.

Thank, Colin!

I appreciate your and your team’s efforts to find and correct problems with Sketchup.

To clarify, what are you referring to when you say:

I’ve made a bunch of updates to the model and would like to correct it, if possible.

Thanks -

Doug

Doug

The tag with the edges I referred to is named _import. I made that tag be visible, went into a component, then into a group, and selected the 16 edges that made up the perimeter, and deleted them.

Make sure that you are still able to work in 2021 if need be, then see if 2022 still shows some blank scenes, and if deleting those lines solves the problem.

Hi, Colin -

Thanks again for sleuthing this one out. I opened the latest version of the file in v2021, deleted the edges you referred to. I closed the file then opened it in v2022 and all the scenes worked properly… except for two. The problematic scenes are called “sec-site-1” and “sec-site-3”.

Can you verify this?

Thanks -

Doug

We have learned more, and may have a work around that would fix the scenes without having to delete the large objects.

Can you get yourself back to a copy that has those edges, and look for a message from me?

1 Like

I have met the same issue (when upgrade to 2022) and still tracking this thread to see if I can learn from.

I will message you and let you try the steps I sent to Doug.

1 Like

Colin -

I can go to an archived file that contains the ‘import’ tag (which hasn’t been updated in a long time, and frankly, I can do without.) Do you want me to restore the file so it includes the original ‘import’ tag information?

Doug

No, you could check my message and try the steps, and see if the "sec-site-1” and “sec-site-3” scenes get fixed.

@colin , Are you still gathering samples? I found one of my own, where all elevation and section views show blank in 2022. Or can you tell the secret workaround steps?

Same problem here.
Please fix, or pass on the latest work around please