When importing survey

Hi,

Im stumped as to why my file open as a column and not a survey setout…ive checked other topics and non that seem to be whats happening with my files…any help?

Ive attached my files -
Bruthen Contour Lines.pdf (379.8 KB)

Bruthen Contour Lines AutoCad.dwg (1.7 MB)
Bruthen Contour Lines AutoCad.dxf (6.2 MB)

It’s the way the CAD file was created. If you set the camera to Parallel Projection and choose the Standard Top view you can see what it should look like. You can select the geometry inside the component and use Eneroth Flatten To Plane to flatten it out.

Make sure you also correct the tagging. ALL edges and faces should be untagged in SketchUp.

The file has been non-uniformly scaled, with the vertical direction something like 1000 or 10000 times larger in comparison to the x and y. I have no idea what the units used in the file are supposed to be. I used Kilometers to import it and the x-y grid units became 70 x 100 mm

DaveR

Lengend m8!

Thank you…

The Units are Meters,

How would i set the Vertial measurment?

My File was origionally - longitude - latitude - altitude from a total station,

I opened your DWG in Rhino and scaled it horizontally by 10000 and imported into SketchUp. Is it supposed to be a mountain peak? Bruthen Contour Lines AutoCad2.skp (1.2 MB)

More of a hill approx 80m in hight difference

I was joking. The total height is over 100 meters but I guess that the horizontal scale is still too small, with the rectangles 1 m in the red direction. But I scaled it enough so that the SketchUp scale tool can now be used to scale it further.