What's the best way to search for a command when creating Shortcuts?

Hey Guys,

I’m a big proponent of keyboard shortcuts, primarily because I learned SketchUp on a laptop with a trackpad. So I use shortcuts more than I use the toolbars.

I’m wondering if there’s a better way to do this though. When adding a shortcut, sometimes I can search for it and boom it’ll show up and I can add a shortcut to it. And other times I can search for the same command and it won’t appear anywhere. I can’t even find it on the list if I manually scroll.

An example of this would be “Flip Along Red Axis”. I did this recently and searched for it, and easily added a “Shift+Right Arrow” shortcut to the menu. Unfortunately SketchUp didn’t save that to the registry so I have to input it again.

Although this time it’s not anywhere to be found.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

T.

Certain commands are only available in the shortcut list when you have a situation that enables them.
For example, Flip along is a Context menu item so you need to have something selected for it to appear in the list.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.