What would you like to see modeled?

@TheOnlyAaron,

Yes, indeed, this is something that should be done again and again. Fun, entertaining and great to see SU used/taught with subject matter that may be outside of most users’ usage.

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

@TheOnlyAaron, this link looks a bit stale, so it might not be the one I’m trying to post on.

However, after watching you graciously provide that “emergency sink” model.

I’d like to see your workflow on sinks, bathtubs, toilets…

Using specs from the manufacturer, more like the twin steam engine.

1 Like

That’s a great idea, @c_j_ryan! Do you have any manufacturer specs you could share with me? If so, send me a DM. That would make for a great session!

1 Like

For a future episode, how about a tree or shrub.
A realistic one, with branches and leaves and flowers and stuff. And maybe a variation or two.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love this idea

If you are still looking for something to model, how about one of these? :smiley:
1938%20AR%206C

5 Likes

I was thinking modeling that toys for a long time but i couldn’t find time, may be you can model it online…

So I’d love to see the Delorean but not the one from back to the future. I’d love to see you create a version of the Delorean Aerospace DR7. Forget Back to the Future; this IS the future.

2 Likes

How about fire.

2 Likes

How about an office, with someone (who looks suspiciously like @TheOnlyAaron) at a computer intensely focused on a complex SketchUp model?

2 Likes

hey sketchup!
I saw that you are going to model a helicopter on Friday,
why not model an Alouette II?
It’s a funny helicopter that looks like a toy,iand t will not take too much time to model it! :slight_smile:

SA.313B:

sa_313_03_468_6662c4e842a3183fcaa9fc57e583c3e7

Al-II-BOA--Artoustebis

alouette-2-002

I’d like to see @TheOnlyAaron do that spoked wheel in 3.5 hours! LOL

1 Like

Ouch!

2 Likes

That actually would be a challenge. I worked in a bike shop in my twenty’s and truing wheels was much more difficult than adjusting derailers.

Great idea. It’s a real art to get plant material to look like it’s supposed to.

2 Likes

I wrote a plugin for building radial, two and three cross bicycle wheels long age, the ‘j-bend’ at the hub flange and the dimples in the rim were the challenge for keeping a reasonable poly count…

john

2 Likes