Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Great !
Many thanks for your answer

Thanks so much @endlessfix. I appreciate the encouragement, and will try to be a part of the community conversation-wise. No promises - those who know me find I’m usually without much to say.

1 Like

I tried that last night, but it didn’t work. Tried again this evening and viola. Thanks for the support suggestion @colin. It was probably a lack of visual control when I tried last night - it was late.

Introduction, ok here we go

New to sketchup, just downloaded yesterday, started the tutorial videos. I’m a woodworker and working on a new project, my most complex yet, so I wanted to see if this could help me get the design right before starting construction. Still on trial license.

The “getting started” set of videos was a big help, but I’m finding some things I want to do are not exactly intuitive. Reviewing more videos and the forum to figure it all out.

Welcome to SketchUp and the Community Forum. There are a number of other woodworkers here, such as myself, who also use SketchUp. Free free to start a new topic and ask your questions about what it is you are trying to do. Likely at least one of us has already done it.

1 Like

Hi, my name is Lubo 26 y.o. ,from Slovakia. I am working for corporate as system administration. Working in SketchUp few months, my first project is my new home and another little things. It fills me to create something “visual” and what other people see (my full work is only computer background). I am considering paid work to the future as a Home visualization freelancer, if you have any advice, I’ll be happy. :slightly_smiling_face: (sorry for my english)

I am here to improve my skill. My future home : :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Bruce.
Furniture and cabinet maker
Use sketchup personally and professionally
Beginner/Intermediate
Have not been to sketchup basecamp
New computer is Mac Air. Old computer was 2008 iMac still running sketchup 8 I think.
No 3d warehouse
don’t use emojis
Like walking on the beach

I use sketchup for cabinet sketches to send to clients. I usually draw furniture by hand at full scale.

3 Likes

older intermediate user who hasn’t used product for several years

1 Like

QUESTION:

Recommendations for best mouse or interface device –

I want to be able to assign as many functions as possible to programmable buttons on the device so that I can control input with one hand and avoid constantly having to select from toolbars

I guess you’re looking for this.

Hello Everybody! I’m Mike, a retired RN, project manager, and programmer who is now partially retired and living near Chapel Hill in North Carolina. I’ve just started learning to use SketchUp Pro and hope to use it to plan a new garden we’re putting on our property. I look forward to learning from others in the SketchUp community, and hopefully helping others.

Mike

3 Likes

Hi Mike, welcome to SU. I’m out past Winston-Salem and have been using SU since v3.

1 Like

Hello ppl, new to SketchUp and would like to learn it to plan and build my own house (slowly). I am an IT professional with limited time to be proficient with this software but would definitely give it a go.

1 Like

hi im estle

1 Like

Bonjour,
j’apprends sketchup depuis peu dans le cadre de ma formation de decoratrice d’interieur .
Je rejoins la communauté parce que toute seule c’est un peu galère, je m’arrache les cheveux !
Alors, avant de finir chauve, je vais regarder si je trouve dans les discussions si quelqu’un a resolu le problème qui m’amène ici !

1 Like

i am babu venkatesan working as associate professor in an architecture college ,also free lance architect aged 62 years

G’day,
I’m John from Queensland Australia and discovered Sketchup by chance yesterday.
I’m retired and although for the last 30 years of working life in the white collar sector, i have always loved tech drawing, designing and making things with timber. (The Americans out there may call it wood, but here in Oz, timber is what you build things with and wood is something you put on the fire). :grin:
I will use Sketchup simply for my own enjoyment.
I use it because it seems a better way than freehand drawing. I haven’t found the best thin about it yet, but I’ll let you know as soon as I get into it.
Beginner? NAAA, Pre-beginner.
What IS the 3DBase camp? Guess I’ll have to look that up, as well as the other things listed below.
I use a Macbook Pro OS Big Sur. At this point using the trial version of 2021.
About me? Ive been married, to the same woman, for 46 years, I’m a “Hoop Junky” from way back and played my 1st game in 1964, yes in Cooma NSW Australia. It was introduced there by the Americans whom worked on the Snow Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme. GO DUBS! :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :blue_heart:
And of course, I’m a huge 49ers fan. Do you think I just may like San Francisco? TOO RIGHT!
No, I don’t like long walks on the beach, they play havoc with my compartment syndrome.
Well that’s about it.
Stay safe,
HOOROO! That’s goodbye in “Strayin”

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.
I’d like to know more of what is what before I begin designing. Have you found any tutorials on initial set up and preferences?
Cheers!

1 Like

Well, Hello
I am Mahima Prasad 22 years old from India. And yeah, about my first play with Sketchup …. So, being an architecture student I started using SketchUp an year ago. Now it is on the personal level, but I am looking forward to use it in my upcoming professional career too.

2 Likes

https://learn.sketchup.com/

1 Like