Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

I am a father of 4 children 3 of which have autism. I am also a recent Minister who is looking for new ways to reach my kids since society doesn’t seem to want us here. They all have artist abilities and I bought a laser cutter and wanted to make things besides just engraving like boxes or something original.

2 Likes

@faith1, If you want them to learn SketchUp for being creative a 3D-printer is a fun way to do that. It’s also 3d witch is even more fun than 2D lasercutting! And SketchUp is a 3d moddeling program after all.
They are pretty cheap nowadays.
Happy and creative 2020!

1 Like

Who are you? Bob Byrne

What is your industry and profession? Retired Educator / Amateur woodworker

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? In my workshop.

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?

I build projects virtually before cutting wood. I get a sense of how parts fit together and can easily rescale my project with SketchUp.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner+

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Huh?

What is your current set up?

System Model HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs2xxx

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Name Intel® UHD Graphics 620

Name NVIDIA GeForce MX250

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? No

Anything else you would like to tell us? I'll bet SketchUp is great for 3D printing . I should get a 3D printer.

What is your favorite Emoji? W inking

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...? In the rain with my honey by my side.

3 Likes

Bonjour,
Je m’appelle Baptiste, je suis Français
J’utilise la version 2019 de sketchup pro pour le moment et je suis sous Windows 10
Je travaille dans les travaux publics mais je suis passionné de menuiserie donc je fais mes plans avec Sketchup. Je aussi entièrement modélisé ma maison.
Merci d’avance pour votre aide, et si je peux aider aussi, pourquoi pas…

1 Like

Hi there, my name I Don and I am a pensioner, who likes doing woodworking, I’ve just download SketchUp Make 2017, so yip you guessed right I am a absolute beginner. So I’ve started to work the the bigger tutorials on YouTube. I work on a iMac.

But here’s my question they say SketchUp Make 2017 is free but after downloading it it says this is a trail version and it’s not licensed, Trimble is not interested in helping because it’s a free unsupport product so how do I get around this licence issue.

1 Like

When you first start with it it runs a trial of the Pro version. After one month it will suggest you buy pro and add a license or agree to the free use terms and conditions and continue with the ‘Make’ version. This means the pro features will stop working but the basic program will continue.

2 Likes

I am Chris
Engineer but use Sketchup for woodworking hobby

To draw wood projects / cabinets
Intermediate expertise
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?NO What is your current set up?** [Dell PC, sketchup make 2017
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?no Anything else you would like to tell us?** *Like the simplicity of sketch up
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?`yes

2 Likes

Hi, I’m François
Working as sound designer and try to move from Autocad to Sketchup
I don’t know it for a long time, i just discover it.
That’s all right now

1 Like

Who are you?
My name is Osama

What is your industry and profession?
I’m a mechanical engineer working as MEP Director at a real-estate developer

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
Professionally

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
To analyze the cooling load, energy consumption, and daylighting using Sefaira.

How proficient are you in SketchUp?
Intermediate

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
Nope

What is your current set up?
SketchUp Studio 2021 on Windows 10

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
Just want to share here your amazing tool:
https://www.sketchup.com/products/sefaira

Anything else you would like to tell us?
:roll_eyes: uuuh, no :cowboy_hat_face:
Just thank you @SketchUpTeam

What is your favorite Emoji?
:slightly_smiling_face:

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?
Not that much

2 Likes

my name Ameera
still in high school
i play hockey for over 10 years
don’t know what to do

1 Like

Hi Ameera,

Welcome to SketchUp. What do you want to draw? The beat way to learn is to pick something and start. Then come back here to the forum to ask questions when you get stumped.

1 Like

HELLO EVERYONE THANKS FOR HAVING ME, Happy New Year

1 Like

No matter what, ALWAYS do what you love and enjoy.

it may sound cliche, but years after high school, money will never matter if you don’t enjoy what you do everyday.

Good Luck!

• Who are you? ( show us those pearly whites :smiley: — to start, just one photo if you please ) Alber
  • What is your industry and profession? I’m an Agricultural engineer and drafstman currently looking for new challenges.
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? both, I do designs for family and friends and professional design too.
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…) I use it because it is very fast to build up a model and my favourite think about it is that encourages my creativity.
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?Intermediate.
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Last one (online).
  • What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.] (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count) Asus Core i5, sketchup free web version 2021.
  • Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/manage/user/ad8febcd-15da-4a20-8b7a-477348eb2107?nav=collections
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…) please visit my web above :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • What is your favorite Emoji? :t_rex:
  • Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...? . Yes, Indeed.
1 Like

Hello.
I am Norbert Casellini, building a resort on the beatiful Island of Koh Mak in Thailand. I use Sketchup Pro Desktop to design Bungalows, furniture and other things you need in a small resort.
I am a beginner in Sketchup but used other graphic software. I use a standard desktop PC running Windows 10. My Sketchup version is 21.0.339 64 Bits

2 Likes

Hi Folks, Dorrie here.
I’m a bit of newbie in everything…For Now :neutral_face: . As in just retired from Jack of all, Master of none. Was a M.E. major at UT years ago.
Jumping back to a laptop (Omen 15, Nividia geforce gtx 1660 ti, Windows 10) from years of Samsung Android only.
Used Sketchup Free years ago for fun. Just got Shop (as soon as I figure out how to start something other than buy the subscription. :grimacing:
Just started a Ford Transit Van Conversion. I will put the innards like ribs, arches, walls, ect in warehouse as both a learning and giving back project.
I’m interested in a variety of subjects. History, gardening, wood and metal work, architecture, science (bio, physio, phych, astronomy, physics,…)
I bike and hike, and travel a bit.
Oh. I’m also just figuring out how to track and post on forums instead of just lurking about. Sketchup is the second one. I started with Transit forum. I don’t think I’ve stumbled and maybe even helped as much as they’ve helped me so far :slight_smile:
So this is me. Starting my second childhood a little early. I hope you can bear with me while I crawl before I walk. I’ll pass it on asap :slightly_smiling_face:
Blue skies, sun and wind on your back and when you look around may you be at least content. :nerd_face:

1 Like
  • Who are you?
    My name is Alan G
  • What is your industry and profession?
    I build furniture and cabinetry
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
    Professionally
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
    -I like to get all my drawings on paper in a scaled drawing.
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
    I think I am above intermediate but no where near advanced
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
    no
  • What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.] (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count)
    I use a windows desktop

[/quote]

1 Like

bonjour, je commence sur sketchup avec un projet d’aménagement autour d’un spa de nage : abris en bois avec pergola adossée, terrasse bois et escalier. Je suis preneur de toute aide de ceux ayant déjà l’expérience de ce type de composant. Merci d’avance à vous et bonne journée.

I thought where I originally typed this and ‘replied’ under “Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce yourself :)” was the correct place to put the above intro. As you can see I really am a bit of a newbie and don’t know why it inserted there but then I got another request to intro myself. So hope inserting the quote into another ‘reply’ is correct.

1 Like

The first one was correct, just ignore it if you see it again.

1 Like