Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hello every one, My name is Jaime, I always loved anything with designs and shapes. Been a math person too, so geometry to me is like fireworks. Im a general contractor who sits down with customers and help them sketches towards remodulation. Thanks to the social network I started a facebook page ( all social media websites) along with a youtube channel where I explain on the actual job site why is it wrong and how to do it. I want to educate contractors and homeowner on your common problems everyone misses. Sketch up has helped me grow as a small business owner so now I want to give back to the community. Want to inform homeowners about doing their own sketch or from a professional. I want to work side by side schools whom have the programs to donate equipment and have the students get a feel of the work. Ways to keep them out of trouble and motivate them. Also a donation page where all goods are donated for those in need. My favorite thing about sketch up ( still a beginner ) is the fact that my imagination has no limit, sketch allows your mind to finish developing your sketching skills. I have learned a lot on sketch up but lets says its been just what I see in you tube or other users. I have never gone to a sketch up bootcamp but I would love to and just socialize around the would of sketch up, Where ideas are born. MacBook Pro Retina , sketch up pro 2018. I don’t have a 3d warehouse because of lack knowledge but I soon will. My favorite emoji :grin: because I’m always happy. Love the beach, at any time of the day a walk at the beach is perfect to me. (PLZ ignore grammar)

1 Like

Time to upgrade to SketchUp Pro. :wink:

Hey all

just joined as often search and find info on the forums but can’t reply and also have a few questions of my own

2 Likes

Hi Ed,
Here’s hoping you are still actively around. You may be just the guy who can help me.
I’m looking for an actual image (any image) of specifically a 16th century Roman CITY
building. Something that would have been about mid-century and a residence is exactly
what I need. I have found a SU model in the WAREHOUSE called Roman Settlement
by Jonathon G. I could probably use some of that for my purpose, but I can’t be certain
if that look is accurate for that time period. I would be grateful for any guidance —THANKS
—Tom Griffith

3 Likes

Who are you?
I am Michiel, from Amsterdam

What is your industry and profession?
I’m a software designer / developer. In the specific case of SketchUp I’m working on a couple of plug-ins. In my teens I had ambitions to become an architect, but somehow the road we call life led in a different direction. I am very happy to work on these plugins though, as it is fun work, and takes me back a bit.

Where do you use SketchUp?
Professionally

How proficient are you in SketchUp?
Intermediate, moving towards advanced, but mostly on the API side.

What is your current set up?
Honebrew workstation running Windows 10 64Bit on a 10 core Xeon processor with 48GB ram, SSDs . in RAID 10 for speend and redundancy. Besides my SketchUp plugin development, I also do other development which sometimes requires a powerfull machine.

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?
As a matter of fact I do :smile:. And other walks too. In the woods. Speeding up a bit into running is also great.

1 Like

bonjour, Cyril Utilisateur Sketchup et layout depuis le début, je profite des échange sur ce forum pour enrichir l’utilisation de cet outil.
Je suis principalement dans l’architecture et l’agencement.

1 Like

Hello, I am new here… Hope you all doing well

1 Like

Hey all, very happy to be here, I just started using SketchUp in order to design my new house and am very excited about learning it. The learn.sketchup campus is an amazing resource! :smiley:

1 Like

Howdy!

I have made architectural models back in India using Sketchup. Currently working at my own venture here in Los Angeles, thought might wanna re-learn a few things before jumping to real estate business here.

Looking forward to learn and grow in this community.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Arno de Kort and I live in the Netherlands. I work as a process technician at a large chemical company.
As my hobby is to work with metal and wood, I like to draw my plans in Sketchup before actually making them. The computer I use for this is a late 2013 iMac.
Hope to learn from you all!

Arno

2 Likes

Hello all,

I added my profile to this forum some time back and can’t remember if I ever introduced myself. I’m a long time builder with Habitat for Humanity and an amateur furniture maker. I use SketchUp for both. I guess I’m somewhere between a novice and intermediate user. I’d like to get better a Sketchup so I can more easily do designs.

Ray

1 Like

I’m Steve, I’ve been using Sketchup since the Google days and I just love it. I work for an ATM support company and use Sketchup for both home and work. While I use Pro at work I use Make at home, mostly for woodworking projects. My skill level is intermediate.

1 Like

Hello all,

I’m Lloyd, a flight simmer and take it as a hobby since Fsx 2004, P3d and X-plane, I’ve always loved flying since as a young boy. Currently, I’m working in the rail industry as an engineer but spend my spare time flying planes on my Pc. I’m a beginner and like designing scenery airports and have discovered with sketchup powerful software the impossible can be made possible. I’m happy to join and be part of this amazing community and hopefully, with everyone’s input, I’m sure I’ll learn a lot quicker.

Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Hello,

I am an architect that is just getting into Chief Architect I am looking for 3-d people to put in my orbiting perspective views.

do you have any or can you lead

There are actually quite a lot in the warehouse. I try not to use files bigger than 1 MB, as is really slows down the 3D views in Home Architect. So just go to the warehouse, search 3D people, and move the file size slider way down. Also remember that the 2D people are like CA/HA’s images, they always face the camera. And the files are smaller. Hope this helps!

Deb