Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

That’s the current pro version so at this point there’s nothing to upgrade to.

If you’ve purchased the license for 2019, you’re all set.

Do you plan to use multiple monitors? If so they need to all be 4k or not. Sketchup sets it display options according to the main monitor, so if you use a high rez main monitor and try to use sketchup in a SD side monitor simultaneously the lines may appear extra thick on the side. Happens to me with my macbook retina display and an older side monitor. Either do karate yes, or do karate no.

Dave, I transferred my old license for my version 2019.

I’m not understanding what you are getting at. I have to think you have upgraded your license to the current 2019 version. If so, you had to pay some sort of fee. You still haven’t indicated what the previous version was.

Hi, SketchUp Newbie here.

I’m learning SketchUp for personal use. I like to make and build things and drawing it out first will be really helpful. But I have a lot to learn. Fortunately I love to learn. :smiley:
Pete

3 Likes

Beginner. Woodworker trying to learn how to design furniture with Sketchup and am using the free 2017 version. Hobbiest at best. Windows 10. Old Geezer who is trying to keep up with technology and struggling. Vision problems so expect typos.

1 Like

Hello, I am Guillaume.

I am using Sketchup in order to do cardboard lasercutting then architecture models.

I think going from Sketchup to SVG then preparing lasercutting file is hard.

I am hesitating keeping using Sketchup, I will see :slight_smile:

Regards,

Guillaume

1 Like

@sseast welcome to the forum.

Maybe this thread about the “Fabber” plugin will help you with your SVG files.

But if you are using SU web version your profile indicates you won’t have access to plugins as they are only available in desktop versions of SU…

2 Likes

Hi! I am Steve, a long retired IT guy who is trying to learn to use SketchUp to create a new WOODEN CARPORT design which will also cover my entry ramp and stairway to our house.
As a new user I am looking for help learning SketchUp and creating wood designs using standard wood products (2x4, 4x4, 2x6, composite roof panels, etc) on my 27"iMac and iPhone XR.

What is SketchUp 3DBasecamp?

No models(?) yet!

Suggestions?

Retired Steve

Muy buenas noche comunidad soy d LOKOMBIA (O COLOMBIA) vivo en Medellin ,sisiii de donde se han oido tantas pesimas historias de hecho se han quedado todas cortas , lo k vivimos fue mucho peor de lo k les han contado ,ppeerroooo ,tambien Dios nos ha regalado muchisimasd otras coosas mucho mas valiosas k nos han enseñado ha sobrevivir y mejorar ese nefasto pasado !!
fUI ESTUDIANTE NO GRADUADO DE ARQUITORTURA , PRECISAMENTE POR LO VIVIDO ,…AFECTO MUY DIRECTAMENTE A MI Y A MI FAMILIA …ABONDONE ESTUDIOS TUVE QUE EMIGRAR MUCHOS AÑOS PARA SOBREVIVIR tal situacion . …pero a me llama mucho la atencion y al conocer de este programa me ha interesado aprender a manejarlo desde lo mas basico …tengo inquietud por laborar un plano simple de crear una vivienda en unos contenedores maritimos viejos
tengo una computadora vieja no muy poderosa , y arranco de cero se que existen unos planos ya hechos como puedo acceder a ellos y acomodarlos a mi necesidad , ??

Do you know how to use SU to make amazing rendering pictures ?Simon :狞笑:墨镜:

hi i’m ilikeuincorns i not like say my real name

Hi, Chris IT Guy here. Long time sketchup user Using it to design my house, make plans for planning permission and sections for the builders. Over the years and with new house I have become quite good at it.

good good study, day day up.

Hello, My name is Frank Borik, and I definitely recognize the welcoming “Nazdar”, as my father was an immigrant from Czechoslovakia. I am a dedicated DIY’er, and I have a website www.diydivo.com, where I am documenting my home remodeling project. I consider myself an intermediate user of Sketchup, and I have a Sketchup Pro license, am operating on Windows 10, and have uploaded several models to the 3D warehouse for various architectural models such as washing machines, ranges, refrigerators, and my most liked and downloaded – curved shower curtain.

But I digress. What I need help with is how to find revision clouds in Layout scrapbooks. Previous versions of Layout had them, but I’m flummoxed on how to access them in Layout 2019. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!!

The only revision cloud that I’m aware of is included in the Scrapbooks called Drafting Symbols 2 in both TB-Simple and TB-Simple Serif. If you had others perhaps youmade them yourself or you found a scrapbook to download. There are a number of scrapbooks offered on Sketchucation.

Hi Dave,

Yep, I found both on TB simple and TB san serif. Had to drill down to the different levels of drafting symbols, but they’re both there, and they even include the triangle for the revision number, which I did not get in previous versions of Layout.

Many thanks for your quick reply! I’m back on track.

Frank.

• Who are you? Aaron S
  • What is your industry and profession? Interior Design
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Both. I use it at work and at home for volunteer NFP projects
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? I like how quick and intuitive sketchup is. I have used rendering add ons as well and there is so much you can do with this awesome program. I have submitted models to 3D Warehouse as well as Google Earth.
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? I would say advanced? I haven’t made any scripts or anything but I would think there isn’t anything except time stopping me from any model I want to make.
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? No, I have never attended that.
  • What is your current set up? I have a Dell laptop (not the best for sketchup) and an HP laptop at home which works better.
  • Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)
  • What is your favorite Emoji? :rofl:
  • Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...? no, the sand after a while gives my feet blisters. My long walks are usually at amusement parks or following my wife shopping.
  • Who are you? ( show us those pearly whites :smiley: — to start, just one photo if you please )
    I will be loading my photo shortly.
  • What is your industry and profession?
    Retired - formerly, programmer
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
    Personally
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…)
    To design and model anything on a whim.
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
    Intermediate.
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
  • What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.] (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count)
  • Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
    Not yet. I might put some of my simple models on there.
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)
    Used to use Autocad, so I still call groups ‘blocks’. Customized autocad in Lisp.
  • What is your favorite Emoji?
    :roll_eyes:
  • Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...?
    I don’t live anywhere a beach.
1 Like

Hey, thank you for the reply :slight_smile:

Actually, I am using Computer version, I’ve just signed up with Fabber, I’ll try :slight_smile: