Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hola Ccaponigro, el idioma es español, no se por que no te lo traduce el traductor?.
Como puedo hacer en Sketchup para exportar un archivo para ser dibujado por un ploter de corte por laser.

Es decir yo quiero cortar una pieza que tengo dibujado en Sketchup y quiero exportar la cara superior para que el ploter la dibuje y no se como hacerlo, me podrias ayudar?

Gracias.

Saludos

Uxio Pichel

Hi. I am a new user (of course). I have always enjoyed drafting (i’m 52 so I used a pencil…). I used sketchup lightly a few years ago when it came on my kids macbook. I am using it now to design projects for my personal workshop. I have the on line (paid) version. So far i have been able to get my questions answered online. looking forward to getting help from, and eventually contributing to the community!

Tim

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :slight_smile::

Good day everyone from the Trimble Sketchup Community, how are you all?

Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Jamie Mitchell, I am a architect from Bloemfontein, South Africa, and a long time Sketchup user!

Me and my business partner, Robert Kot are both absolute experts in Sketchup and use it for everything we do. We model everything from furniture, to lights, to buildings and anything you can think of. Our firm’s name is UrbanGrey and if we could ever offer anyone any help, please feel free to contact us.

Hello! I’m Erick and I recently started working as a Customer Support Tech for SketchUp. I’m so excited to be here! My favorite thing about SketchUp is how versatile the program is; if you can dream up something in 3D, you can create it in SketchUp. Pretty neat stuff. My favorite emoji is :ghost: Anyway, I’m excited to hang out with you all here in the forum and perhaps someday we’ll meet at 3D Basecamp or in a Support ticket… :wink:

Hey everyone! I’m new to sketchup. Trying to use it for 3d printing, laser cutting, and general designing and building of things.

I’m just so new at this thing. I’m trying to create voronoi next.

By profession I’m a Software Developer. I’ve spoken in 24 languages, 22 of which are computer languages. :grinning: I’m retired now and have taken up welding (MIG & TIG) to support my wife’s business.
I need a 3D tool for designing welded structures made from angle iron, square tubing, flat bar, etc. I’ve been using a 12 year old version of CYCAS 3D since that’s when they stopped supporting it. I figure it’s time to move on.
I heard of SketchUp yesterday, so you can judge my level of expertise.
I’ve watched some YouTube videos.
Personal box is an aging 17" ASUS ROG laptop that has a GeForce GTX 460M/PCIe/SSE2 video setup. 8G Ram, Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz × 8 .
I haven’t used Windows since 1999. Exclusively Linux.

My name is Nicole. I started out using Sketchup as a hobby. However, recently, I started to create the buildings from the novel I’m in the process of writing.

Hi! I am just interested to learn how it works and efficient to produce drawings.

Are there some Tutorials for the current version of Sketchup Web that are designed for the first time CAD/Sketchup user?
I would like to make a 4 sided funnel of sorts like you would make on the bottom of a sand blast cabinet and be able to size it and possibly print a template, or at least get some measurements to build it off of the sketchup software…
I think I would like to make it in 2D first and maybe convert it to 3D when I get at least 2 sides done?
I tried a rectangle first and it made it like it was laying on the ground, instead of the shape of a rectangle…
I have looked at some tutorials on youtube, but, the layout is quite different.
I have never used a program like this, but, doesn’t seem it would take super long to do the basics once you get started.

SketchUp for Web

Above link to basic instructions.

YouTube video

I am a retired small business owner/manager. I retired 12 years ago and my son now runs the business.

Woodworking is one the things I enjoy. I discovered SkecthUp a couple years ago and use it to design some of my projects. I am a beginner using SketchUp Pro 2018. It is a powerful tool and I desire to become more proficient. I am self taught using resources found on the internet.

I also enjoy skiing, fly fishing, traveling. Smoking meat is a recent addition to my areas of interest. In an attempt to keep balance in my life, I volunteer time on various boards.

Welcome @tomasbigeater. Woodworking and smoking meat? Oh boy! :smiley:

Thanks for the welcome. Can I offer you some homemade bacon? :grinning:

I’d be all over that! In exchange for some SketchUp help, of course. :wink:

I do need some help. I have researched the existing threads and have found nothing current and/or the topic was not covered. What is the protocol? Start a new thread with my question?

Yep. Start a new thread.

• Who are you? Ines, known as Yousachi
  • What is your industry and profession? Animator and comic artist! I’m just a freelancer
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Personally.
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? only for background comic/animation.
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? beginner. I’m not 3D artist
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? nope
  • What is your current set up? Laptop Asus ROG, sketch up 2017
  • Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? No
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? Searching 3D commissioner (exterior and interior)

Hi, my name is George Ledo and I’m a theatrical designer in the SF Bay Area. I’ve been using SU for my design work for about ten years and love it - everything from developing the design (I always start on paper) to working with the director thru two or three iterations, to being able to “walk” the cast thru the space, to showing different scenes to the cast by clicking on a button. And porting the design right over to LayOut to do the shop drawings sure beats redrawing everything in AutoCAD!

More recently I’ve been using it to design props for professional magicians and collectors, which I sell through a magic dealer. And even more recently I’ve learning how to use it for 3D printing. I’m an SU lifer!

You can see some of my theatrical work, including SU models, at www.georgefledo.net

Hi
I’m Craig B from Savannah GA

• Who are you? Craig B from Savannah GA
  • What is your industry and profession? Autobody repair
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? personaly
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? Wood working
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? nope

I am lost. Just got a FlashForge Finder and havent a clue what to do with it and coming here was my first stab at getting off square one.