Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

If you don’t need condocs make 2017 is still available for non-commercial use.

Hi all,
I am a retired former sales rep who worked in the outdoor industry for 30 years. Most recently (6 years ago) I ran the web site for Fly Fisherman magazine. I also did consulting for various Fly Fishing businesses. I took some time out to return to school at age 50+ to get a degree in graphic design. Most of the year I spent in CO. Summers find me at an old family cabin a 1/2 hours’ walk outside Yellowstone.

I am here cause I enjoy trying to learn new things. SketchUp is just flat fun1 I find myself looking for things to do where I could use this application.

Having traveled and been on the road for most off my adult life my wife and I are now in the process of selling a retirement property we purchased many years back so that we can purchase an RV to spend some retirement time wondering about this beautiful country of ours. I’ll need some things to help me keep my mind active and busy.

And there you have it…little bit anyway!

Cheers,
-howdy

Hello.

I’m the new guy.

-I’m trying my hand at designing a product and applying for a patent
-I just started using Sketchup about 4 weeks ago and trying to get proficient quickly. It seems like a great tool
-I have not gone to Basecamp
-I’m using Sketchup 2018 on a MacBook Pro, with OS HIgh Sierra ver 10.12.3, 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16gb of memory and graphics card Radeon Pro 560 4gb and Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB
-I’m looking forward to continue to get great help from this community.

Thanks.

Good luck with the patent!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hi there - brand new SketchUp-er so will try not to cause too much eye-rolling with numpty questions :wink: but thanks in advance - I’ve learnt a huge amount in the few short weeks I’ve been using SketchUp 2017.
I’m a budding part-time designer/tinkerer, with dreams and aspirations :smile: moving from 2D PowerPoint to 3D and just loving being able to represent my ideas more fully. However, still very much a beginner…
I have an i7 HP ProBook which is not the fleetest machine, but seems to be managing.
Right now, the problem I am having difficulty solving is trying to import CAD data from a component vendor - they offer quite a range of file formats, but I can’t find one that my version of SketchUp will accept (see www.item24.co.uk) -

Any advice (or a good joke!) much appreciated!

Importing Files from a Vendor

Hola. soy German. Tengo mi estudio en Argentina. Estoy usando la Sketchup 2018, desde hace un año estamos migrando a Sketchup, y Layout, como nuestra plataforma principal, para los trabajos chicos y medianos.
Y realmente estamos muy conformes.

Police officer talks to a driver: Your tail light is broken, your tires must be exchanged and your bumper hangs halfway down. That will be 300 dollars.

Driver: Alright, go ahead. They want twice as much as that at the garage.

Check out this really funny jokes: http://www.short-funny.com/clean-jokes.php#ixzz5AVywaT12

Nice :joy:

Is sketchup still downloadable? All I get is redirect to use it in my browser which does not give you all the tools? I am on Windows 7/ 64 bit.

@andreross2000, please don’t cross post. Give others a chance to respond after you ask a question. I responded to you in the other thread you posted in.

Good Day!

I’m John. Currently working as a Design Engineer for a Metal Industries Company. I intend to use SketchUp for my business that i will put up after finishing my contract here abroad. I like SketchUp because it is free but powerful and there are tons of tutorials online to learn from. For now I’m just a beginner but I want to continuously learn anything that I could that I can use in my business. I haven’t been in a 3DBasecamp. Right now, I am only using a low specs laptop since I only bought this computer only for video calling and watching movies online but I plan to buy a desktop that can do basic rendering. i still haven’t uploaded a model but once I have the time, definitely i will share my model to the community.

So, that’t it for now! Good luck to us!

Hello
My name is Remo. I’m italian.
Just started with sketchup.
I’m using the web version…unluckily there is no linux version. I can’t run sketchup under wine…

Ciao
Remo

Yes, SketchUp Make 2017 is still available here along with all the other versions (Viewer, Pro, Mac/PC). This question keeps coming up because they don’t make it all that easy to find:
https://www.sketchup.com/download/all

A Google search with:
site:www.sketchup.com download

will find the page, but there’s no obvious way to navigate there from the menus or footers.

THANK YOU SO MUCH…I GOT IT NOW.

A.R

Nashville, TN
UNITED STATES

ATTENTION!

This mail is CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the recipient only
This mail is not intended for distribution to anyone other than the recipient specified.
This mail is case sensitive and should be treated as such
If you have received this mail in error please disregard and DELETE IMMEDIATLY.

I’ve started using SketchUp Pro 2018 as part of my course work. Have had a couple of teaching sessions on how to use it but we’re now on our own. Would appreciate any guidance/tips from this community on how to do things when I get stuck. Thank you.

Welcome. Best thing to do is start a thread and ask your question.

Who are you? Jon O
What is your industry and profession? Process operator
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? personally
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…) I am a woodworker and would like to do some drawings of my projects
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? Beginner
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Not yet
What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.]i7 2630QM @2.0GHZ w/6 gigs ram (7 year old laptop but it seems to do OK with the program)
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? No
Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…) Work shift work and am forced to drop projects for periods of time
What is your favorite Emoji? :poop:
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? drunken staggers maybe

Bonjour from the Montreal, QC area,
I am a private, security concerned person so sorry no pic.
I have been playing with SU on and off (mostly off :wink:) for a few years now.
The main reason I come and go to/from this software is I’m lacking basic knowledge and often end up spending WAY more time than I should on a given project. I often realize I goofed up earlier on and need to start over from scratch.
I found this forum by googling “Sketchup how to divide line evenly” and ended up looking at a post about trying to evenly space louvered shutter blades. I was blown away first by finding the answer I was looking for, and more importantly the super user friendly way in which it was explained to the user (screen animated capture!!! Wow, what an efficient way to "“let me show you”.
You should be seeing me pretty soon asking for help…:rofl: