Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hello @Kittydog,

Welcome to the SU Community Forum. Your post should have been submitted under the pinned “Welcome to Our Forums” thread under the SketchUp category. You should also offer a bit of information about yourself including your experience level and the kinds of things you do or want to do with the software. Also please edit your profile by completing the requested info about your computer setup and the version of SketchUp being used. (What graphics card is named drawing for instance?) This makes assisting you much easier as it helps pinpoint issues when you ask questions.

I am taking the liberty of placing this post where it belongs. You can provide the additional information by editing your post. To edit click the pencil icon at the lower right in the reply box and modify your previous post as desired.

Hi, I used SketchUp for several years before I decided to stop using Windows. Then I suffered a few years limping along with Sketchup 8 on Linux using Wine. So I’m really pleased with the Free browser version. I’d probably get a licensed version if one existed for Linux OSes. I was especially fond of SketchyPhysics, and miss that capability very much.

Hey there, Greg from australia, not very straight forward getting to this point in intro, hope the forum is easier to use :slight_smile:
Travelling Aus in caravan & want to start 3D printing

Hello, I’m Robert. I’ve been using sketchup off and on for about eleven years!
I like to create buildings, trees and starships! Although most of my models were lost in a computer hard drive crash, and I was discouraged for a long time, I decided to get sketchup again last year!

Hi everyone, my name is Vincent, i’m 27.
i am very used to inventor and i know CATIA and Solidworks too.
I’m new in Sketchup, but i already love it.
I’m making a company with a friend and i need to link excel with Sketchup (from excel to Sketchup).
I hope the community is great.

Greetings

Hi, I’m Mike. I work for a residential builder of custom homes in Northern Michigan. We do pretty cool stuff for clients who want something different or that makes a statement. I use sketchup to draw things like stair cases, bookcases, metal parts for beams, and other items.

I use sketchup to communicate design ideas or to give specific instructions for fabrications of parts. One of my first parts in this job was sketched on a paper plate with a sharpie. Sketchup is SO much better…

I am an intermediate beginner. I am mainly learning by solving problems. (“How do I …?”)

I need to go to a training camp to learn. I am sure there are tons of short cuts that I would love to know. I am using a PC. No clue about the chip or set up. I suspect I could use more horsepower, who couldn’t? I am using Sketchup Pro 2018. I have been using Sketchup for about one year.

I don’t post anything. The detailing is pretty bland. I’ll post some things on our company website to show “Drawings to reality”. Some of them are pretty cool. Its the craftsmen who bring it to life.

Hola, soy Carmendo, nueva usuaria de SketchUp, espero contar con vuestra ayuda para caminar mas rapido en esta aplicación y poder desarrollar mis proyectos de Interiorismo más eficazmente.

Nos vemos, un saludo.

Good morning!

I’m Ian, I’m 32, and I work for an Architecture firm in Manhattan, KS. I mostly work on developing CD’s in Layout, but I also get to have a little bit of fun in Sketchup.

New to the forum. I’m Ken, retired, 40 years in manufacturing. Use SU for designing furniture I build and for just playing around to learn more about it. I’d like to think I’m intermediate level on SU, but who knows? Windows 7 with SU 2017 Make. I have a 3D Warehouse page - username there is kapenske. Hope you like my work. Joined forum bc I have questions now and then. Found this site very useful.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hi, I’m Debbie. I use Sketch-up to make accessories and furniture for my drawings in Home Architect, the hobbyist version of Chief Architect.

I’ve posted a few of my 3D models in the Warehouse. I’m not a very advanced user, as I’m sure many people can see from looking at my models (Wonder why she didn’t just use the frammitz tool? Because I didn’t know there was one or what it does.) Kind suggestions are always welcome.

Many, many thanks to all the modelers out there who posted mid-century modern furniture I’ve borrowed - strictly for hobbyist use!

I am totally new at Sketchup. Non-Pro “Make” version, personal use. I tried to use it a couple of times before for landscape design (permaculture like). Watched the “Getting Started” tutorials. But am having a real hard time. I am more familiar with drawing tool like Open Office draw. The tutorial mentions things that I can’t find in the program. I have finally discovered these are only in the Pro version. So I am joining to see if I can find someone who can help me do what I need with the non-pro version.

Hello Azurafiles,

Do you have knowledge about SKetchUp and MS Physics?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

hello i am new here, i am a guy who wants to make friends with my same passion… Cars

i am a very experienced person with this software, i have used literally all the Sketchup programs, i have already created some things in reallife, for example a Racecar done by My family (me as the designer, my brother chief designer, my uncle as the mechanic, and my dad as the $$ guy), and some other 3d printed things. i also like to create everything that caughts my attention, i mean… seriously everything, like aerospacial engineering, architecture and some other things.

i started using Sketchup in 2010 to the date, and i also know how to use Autodesk Fusion 360

Hi. I’m Mitch. I’m a software developer and an electronics designer. I’ve been writing video games for nearly 8 years. I’m interested in Sketchup and have been using it primarily for recreational purposes and 3D modeling. If Sketchup ever becomes open source I’d love to help work on it.

Hi Mr 6k here,
Been using Sketchup 8 for a while. I have an UPplus, 2x Duplicator Plus 4s and am just building a CReality CR-10.

Most build/prints are for engineering purposes.
I almost exclusively use ABS, finding UP’s ABS the best, prints at 263 degrees !

Have joined this forum for a specific purpose, to find if anyone has knowledge of a properly tapered 3D font for generating sand molds for aluminum casting. (Of course not asking the question here, but will be, on the general forum.)

Hi Gang! I am a Marine Consultant based in Houston, TX and use Sketchup and Google Earth to develop shipping scenarios for use during investigations. Not a model builder, more of a model modifier. I’ve been running into some technical roadblocks lately and thought I should start getting involved with the community.

John here from Toronto, Canada. I own a small cottage resort 2 hours east of Toronto, I teach Interior Design at a college in Toronto and do some Design consulting when the project and the client are a perfect fit.

Hello! my name is Aline. I’m from Brazil.
I use Sketchup for work. I’m an architect and develop my projects in 3D to easier the life of my clients.
Sketchup helps me in many ways, but i can’t use the Vray , that’s why i entered the forum. That way my work can be better.
Thanks a lot Sketchup!