Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

New sketchup user but i have used it some. I live in SC and am a woodworking and engineer.

Hello. I am an Icelandic electronic engineer and used Sketchup for a few weeks in april 2017, drawing some tile structures. At that time I used the free version of Sketchup on Windows 7, but now my PC has been upradet to Windows 10 and I can not find the free version of Sketchup. Can anyone help me?

SketchUp Free, for non-commercial use is found here: https://app.sketchup.com/app

Thank you Dave, but it seemes to be some browser version of Sketchup and I always get a "Login Error : Our login window was blocked by your browser. Please allow Sketchup to show pop-up windows."
In april I always used software downloaded on my Windows 7 PC. Could I download the same software on Windows 10?

Now I seem to be making some progress, I am offered Sketchup Make 2017. Is that the Free version of Sketchup?

That is the free, install-able version. As with SketchUp Free, it is free for non-commercial use.

• Who are you, who, who?: My name is Matt S. No pic. Also, I’m not a fan of using emotes. Fine for others, but not for me.

• What is your industry and profession?: Previously a Mechanical Engineer for 15 years in the commercial nuclear power industry. Now, I’m a stay-at-home dad with many projects.

• Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?: I use SU at home for many said projects.

• Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?: Price vs. capability. I grew up on MicroStation starting with MicroStation95. I didn’t use CAD personally in my job, but was allowed to use it for personal projects. Once I left my job, SU seemed like a good fit.

• How proficient are you in SketchUp?: Beginner with a CAD background. I’ve currently modeled a large garage down to the studs in 3D and generally playing with the features.

• Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Apparently not. Don’t know what this is.

• What is your current set up?: For now, an HP Sprectre x360 Convertible. Setup is not ideal. I’ve already run into lags using SU. I hope to build a desktop comp in the next 6 months as both another project, but also to support running CAD.

• Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?: I do not, but maybe in the future.

• Anything else you would like to tell us? Generally, I’d plan to use SU for wood working and house projects. Eventually, maybe metal work.

• What is your favorite Emoji?: No emotes for me. Sorry. Maybe in the future.

• Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?: Beaches no. I have a history of melanoma. I do enjoy life outside of suburbia Chicago. We had 11 wooded acres near Illinois/Wiscon border.

Thanks for having me.

My name is Robby. I am retired from the architectural design industry where I worked for thirty + years and using AutoCAD for the last 20. I am a wood worker and interested in other architectural subjects on a continuing basis. Right now I am preparing drawings for a local building permit to construct a carport addition to my house. I selected ShetchUp because of it’s clear presentation modeling. As with everything, the more I get familiar with it the more questions I have. I look forward to get more familiar with all SU can do.

Hello, My name is Stuart, I have been using Sketch up for around two years now, and I have enjoyed the learning journey, it gets a bit frustrating at times having to learn on the go. I wish that there where places you could go and learn how to use sketch up. I use sketch up to create designs and layouts of shops, bars, I am currently working on some Market stalls in my Town here in the UK. I am here in the hope that I can gain some more knowledge and help from you all.
regards Stuart

Hi Folks
First time for me, started using SketchUp as a tool for my wood shop.
Need help with a few topics, so decided to join your community.
Hope this works out for me.
Moose

Hello from Calgary, Alberta, Canada

My name is Dwight, and I’m a NEWB with plan reading skills, but no actual CAD skill-sets. My reason for joining the Sketchup community is to start the re-building process for my parents cabin that burned down on Boxing day 2017. Ugh!!! Now that the tears are all dried up, we are planning on a cabin that will be a better 2.0 version, so am looking to start the design program so my family can see what they may want to rebuild.

I have a PDF site plan which I plan to import as best I can, and then start a separate cabin design which I hope to be able to overlay. My guess is that this might pose challenges to my little brain and dumb fingers, so expect to be searching the forum for the FAQs.

I will start right now with a search of the forum on cabins…

Cheers,

Dwight

Hi Bryan,

If you’d like to post a new topic or question to the forum, go back to the home screen by clicking the red SketchUp logo at the top of this screen. Then click “new topic” over on the top right. You’ll add a title to your post (the issue you’re experiencing) and a description of the issue / question in the text box.

It’s also very helpful to add the SketchUp file you’re working on if possible. Please let me know if you have any additional questions about how to post or use the forum :slight_smile:

Caroline

We’re sorry to hear about the cabin, but looking forward to helping with the 2.0 version!

If you have any questions once you get going, feel free to post them as a new topic here and we’ll be here to help you out. Good luck :slight_smile:

You can also search the 3Dwarehouse:
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search/?backendClass=entity&q=Cabin
Or :
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search/?backendClass=entity&q=tiny%20houses

Thanks Caroline…

Oh dear, but good luck with the rebuild and certainly ask any questions here or on Sketchucation. You may want to convert those PDF plans into DWG to import into Sketchup, will make the building easier. Message me I can convert them for you in illustrator if you don’t have the tools yourself.

Who are you, who, who?
BigBangProfile
What is your industry and profession?
IT Architecture
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
Work and Home
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
Allows a 3D perspective of complex relationships
How proficient are you in SketchUp?
Beginner-Intermediate
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
No
What is your current set up?
Windows10, HP Omen w/1080 TI& 4K, Sketchup2018
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
No
Anything else you would like to tell us?
Volunteer Accessibility Designer for Blind/Visually impared
What is your favorite Emoji?
:national_park:
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?
Yes; beachcombing

Who are you, who, who? (show us those pearly whites :smiley: — to start, just one photo if you please )
Ryan K
What is your industry and profession?
_Healthcare Plans, Program Manager _
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
Personally
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…)
I’m an amateur woodworker and i use SU to design furniture.
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
Beginner
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
No
What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.604 (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count)
I mostly use Windows machines, but I have a MBP for writing iPhone apps.
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
Sadly, no.
Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)
My grandchildren call me OppyOppy.
_What is your favorite Emoji?
:lemon: or :tophat:
_Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?
Not long ones.

Hi I am a new user. A bit of a novice in 3D design but keen to learn more as I’m doing some projects at home.

Hi guy I’m new here so please don’t hate hey I’m kd