Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Who are you, who, who? Antoine De Hon aka marvins_dad
What is your industry and profession? Architect
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Professionally to design buildings/projects, personally for 3d printing
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? Ease and quick use and the ability to customize with add-ons
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Itermediate to Advanced - I certainly can make my way around a model…but not as crafty as some out there.
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? 2010?(the first one) and 2014
What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp 2017, bummed that Google Earth was taken from us, Running a Dell 7810 with a nVidia 1080 card
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=31088 - link to my Gallery at SketchUcation
Anything else you would like to tell us? New Beetle enthusiast
What is your favorite Emoji? :wink:
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? Whenever I get to a coast.

Who are you, who, who? (show us those pearly whites :smiley: — to start, just one photo if you please ) I’m ILEYEMI OLUWAGBENGA
What is your industry and profession? BUILDING INDUSTRY AND MY PROFESSION IS ARCHITECTURE
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? PROFESSIONALLY
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…) EASY TO USE AND IT SAFE TIME
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? INTERMEDIATE
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?NO
What is your current set up? Computer type, HP PAVILION INTEL CORE i5 with NVIDIA GEFORCE
SketchUp version…etc.569 ( SKETCHUP PRO 2017)
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? NO
Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)
What is your favorite Emoji?
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?

HI I am Don Larson. I am currently a Senior at NAU and am just starting my interior design business: D.William Larson Interior Design. I use SketchUp a great deal at home for school, and I use it slightly less frequently at my current place of employment, La Maison Interiors, in Scottsdale, Arizona.

I LOVE SketchUp! I use it constantly to visualize everything - from a room I am designing to individual pieces of furniture. I draw many antiques for my own satisfaction. At school I use it, sometimes in place of CAD, for elevations and even furniture floor plans. It is a wonderful tool and very versatile.

I would say I am an intermediate user. I am constantly finding new tools, extensions, etc to incorporate into my work and make it faster.

I do have a 3DW = https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/user.html?id=abfcc7e6-c84c-44b3-8bc3-aa5604d25104&nav=models

At home I use MAC OS Sierra with an Intel iris Pro graphics card.

Not many beaches in Arizona - just grueling heat. If you’ve seen recent newscasts you’ll know we recently hit 121 F degrees! Yes, it’s usually a dry heat, but that isn’t a huge consolation!

Thanks for allowing me to join the forum!

Warmly,

Don

Who are you, who, who? Hello, I’m Rich.

What is your industry and profession? I have worked as a structural engineer, a financial markets salesman, and now am manage a commercial real estate portfolio for a Boston-based family office.

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Right now, exclusively professionally. But the temptation grows.

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? Creating working sketches quickly for projects we have under development.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? Beginner beginner. I used to use MiniCad, but that was 20+ years ago.

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? I have not. What’s the elevation on that one?

What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. SketchUp Pro 2016, iMac 27inch 5K.
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? Not yet, but I intend to.

Anything else you would like to tell us? Avid photographer, fitness fanatic, museum dweller.

What is your favorite Emoji? :whale2:

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach? Long, short, medium. If it’s on the beach, I’m taking it.
[/quote]

Hello, community!

• Who are you, who, who?
    My name is Pierre Chevalier, I’m French, I live in Gascony, in the Southwest of France. I’m half a century old, and plenty of other useless details.

• What is your industry and profession?
    I’m a geologist, working in various fields of applied and fundamental geology, I’m most often working in geotechnics, mining and mining exploration, for gold most of the time, and also for lead, zinc, copper, uranium, etc.
    I’m also a computer scientist, rusty developer, database manager on a daily basis (PostgreSQL addict), GNU/Linux daily user (I guess I’ll talk about that later on…), Rebol and Red coder.

• Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
    Well… I’m ashamed to admit that I don’t use SketchUp… yet! I just did a few tests, found the tool quite interesting and intuitive. I’d like to use it to make 3D models for printing, and I may also consider it to model underground geological formations, on a professional side.

• Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…)
    See above: I only impressed myself, so far… and not that much…

• How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
    Beginner.

• Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
    Nope.

*What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count)
I have a variety of computers, the one I’m planning to use SketchUp on is a laptop Dell Latitude E6420, it runs happily with a nice GNU/Linux Debian stable 64 bits OS.
The SketchUp which is running now (through that pesky wine…) is version 6.4.112. I’m wondering if it’s not slightly old. I guess this was the time when I last downloaded it. Too bad apt update && apt dist-upgrade doesn’t automagically update it, just like all the software packages on my system. Pun intended…
Old Gascon farm with an old duck pond besides, Land Rover Discovery I.

• Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
    Sorry, nothing yet.

• Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)
    Hm. I’d dream of a collaborative space where all geologists in the world could model their little piece of underground knowledge, contributing to make a large 3D model of the inner parts of our planet. Something half way between Google Earth and Open Street Map, but all underground.
    Sorry, I’m an geolo-idealist.

• What is your favorite Emoji?
    I’m probably too old to know what an Emoji is, and also too lazy to just google it (in fact, I guess that I’m afraid to get distracted by doing so and that would lead me to yet another procrastinating procedure…).
    Just in case it means a mere smiley, here is the one is use the most often: ;o)

• Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?
    Yup. Even beaches that have dried millions of years ago.

Good evening!

I am a new home owner and work in wireless semiconductor industry. After my attempts to hire a professional draftsman to create building plans required for a permit did not go anywhere, I am thinking of doing it myself in Sketchup. My project is pretty simple: just convert a covered patio into a living room and add a small room to the house I just bought in southern California. I have a computer science degree and used to be a software engineer. I am hoping SketchUp Make can do the job but not sure about whether I can print 2D plans without using Layout of SketchUp Pro. I am a beginner in SketchUp and have not done anything SketchUp yet (Basecamp, etc). I hope to find information I need to learn SketchUp and get my current project done.

HW

You can tackle this no problem. Check out parallel projection and use the standard views available in the toolbar, top and side. Good luck.

Hi,
I began using cad for mechanical engineering with ACAD Release 10 in 1988, and added SW in 2001.
After I retired, a few years ago, I designed the refurbishment of the house we now live in SW. The whole thing was such a success that I’ve done the same for our married children, and various friends and neighbours. I occasionally used ACAD for 2D work.
I’d discontinued paying maintenance on them when they stopped earning me an income, and a couple of weeks ago both ACAD and SW stopped loading. I guess yet another upgrade of Win 10 had taken the old software down. Anyway, searching for replacements that I could afford for my hobby work, I came across SketchUp, and after viewing a few tutorials downloaded Make.
Well, I have to confess it’s doing my head in! It’s just a tad different from what I’ve been using. But, I’m getting there. I’m whittling away at a bathroom vanity, and the bathroom it’s to go in. Wish me luck.

[quote=“ttoileteryen, post:48, topic:6944”]
I’m a sketchup user since few years for modeling objects for x-plane flight simulator add-ons.
I like skettchup for his easy use and nice final work.
[/quote] h
Hi Chris Stewart i need help to do the 3d house , you do the services??? Thank you

Hi I’m a student of The Eindhoven University of Technology.
Here to ask some questions about Vray for sketchup.

Hello. My name is Nikolai, I’m designing a small private dwelling, which is what I’d like to use SketchUp Make for (Version 17.2.2554, on OSX 10.11.6). I’m a professional graphic designer, not an architect, and unskilled in 3D-Modelling so far.

Who?
Andrew Garcia

What is your industry and profession?
Architecture, Interior Design and Exhibit Trade show design
Where do you use SketchUp?
Professionally
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
It is easy and real fast!
How proficient are you in SketchUp?
Advanced, I started using it in 2007

What is your current set up?
Dell PC
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models or a website you would like to link?
Yes! https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/by/agcaddesigns and
http://www.agcaddesigns.com/

What is your favorite Emoji?
:slight_smile:
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?
Yes at Newport Beach and also bike riding!

Hello, My name is Chris McCulloch.
*I am currently a delivery driver for a refridgerated foods company, but I have an interest in going back to school for Mechanical Engineering.
*I heard about SketchUp through some friends that have 3D printers and I figured it would be advantageous to get my feet wet in order to get familiar with design programs.
*Right now it is only for personal use until I start my education and hopefully my career after that (it may take a few years).
*I’m a noobie beginner.
*I have watched the first two tutorials and am learning the basics, but noticed it was all for building design (no problems with that). I decided to go on the forums to see if there was mechanical engineer designs that could give me a clue to what I may be dealing with in the future.
*My current set up is a PC with a AMD Quadcore (3.6 GHZ), 16GB of RAM, a Nividia GeForce GTX 660 Ti graphics card, a 23" LCD monitor (1920x1080), 1TB hard drive and a few smaller solid state drives. I also have a Blue Ray Optical drive. I’m currently running Windows 7 OS and just started SketchUp Make.
*I currently have no designs on my own. Just starting.
*Thank you for your consideration I hope to find a wealth of knowledge and maybe even find a few new friends. :slight_smile:

Hi. My name is William.
I am a systems analyst during the day and a 3d print fanatic at night.
I have a Wanhao S5 Mini and have been using Sketchup as my designer for my prints.
I use Maker version and so-far have been very happy with it’s abilities.
I’d say I am in the intermediate stage, but I may be fooling myself.
Using Dell Studio, yes, the old one with Windows 7. Quite a good combination.

Hello I’m Don Palmer
I use Sketchup to model our restoration project which is a watermill in Flitwick
I’m not very good at sketchup compared to the good guys but I get by at most things. I’ve been going three years or so.
I do find it frustrating at times because what to do next is not always obvious. Just like any computer I suppose.
I’m an engineer - before I went to university I couldn’t spell engineer, now I are one!
Mac user I dumped PCs fifteen or twenty years ago when they became virus bound.

My name is Mike, and I’m a carpenter. What I build I first draw in SU, and that has changed everything! Not only are there fewer mistakes in the cut out process, but clients now have a very clear idea of what they are getting. I suspect I’m an intermediate user, but I’m reluctant to over-rate my abilities. When I look around at what others have modeled, I’m very impressed. How do you draw solid compound curves like in the shape of am elephant??? This image, if there is one, is an example of what we (I and my partners) build.

Hello SketchUp Community,

My name is Jeremy Fruit and currently live in Quebec, Canada (although I grew up and spent most of my life in the Madison area of Wisconsin). I married a Québécoise girl and shortly there after found myself living in Montreal.
I have been a cabinet maker and trim carpenter all of my professional career. It’s been fun and rewarding.
I will be using SketchUp Pro professionally along with a suit of other software (Vetrics V-Carve Pro and Autodesks Fusion 360). I am really impressed with how easy SketchUp is to use and the vast amount of near genius users that are willing to help people like myself out.
On a level of proficiency I would place myself in the intermediate range.
I have never been to 3DBasecamp but would love to go!
I am actually using an older computer that runs SketchPro 2017. It only has 4 gigs of RAM and an old NVIDIA graphics card but seems to handle it okay.
I am looking forward to conversing with everyone and getting to know SketchUP Pro even better!
Thank you!

Hi , your modeling is so perfect

Hi, I’m Louise.
I have just started using SkecthUp. I was a clinical engineer in the days before CAD was commonplace: I’ve used AutoCAD and ProEngineer a little, but mainly been working with cheap and cheerful DesignCAD 2D since leaving the engineering profession to do any design work needed.
But now I need to design an eco-house that my partner and I will build, and semi-retire into. I’m looking to SketchUp to do the conceptualization work, and hoping that maybe it could manage the detailing too, not sure yet.
I’m not good at getting to grips with new software, there’s always a very frustrating learning curve until I begin to get the ethos of the package.
LOuise

Ciao, my name is Matteo, I use sketchUp in Italy. Im a Snowpark manager, sometimes I use SkUp to design the shapes I have to build with snow.

It’s a good tool, but Being not a professional designer sometimes is complicate. I use it since one year, I guess I’m a beginner…

I have a Mac Book Pro 13" - middle 2012 - 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

I’m using a SketchUp version 17.2.2554