Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hello, I am Allan. I am retired cabinet maker, 70 years old, and are looking for a programme to substitute the AutoCAD I used in the past and to find out if I can afford it within my pension.

1 Like

I wonder if it is possible to lock a .skd file so it cannot be changed if distributed, but will still be functioning if opened in the Sketchup Viewer programme.

1 Like

@Tjoern, This feature is on many peoples wishlist but sadly, at the moment this option is not available nor is there any information if it will be in the (near) future.

1 Like

Great book by the way, I have it and it’s a great start to sketchup. Practise small parts at a time and you’ll get the hang in no time, don’t try and do too much all at once like I did! I struggled at first as I were so used to 2d cad but now it’s second nature to use the tools.

Good luck

1 Like

Hello, Ian.
Thanks for the greeting & advice. I to am used to2d and find myself
thinking in 2d while trying to work in 3d. Joe’s book has helped some
already.
Regards.
Steven

1 Like

Why is programming dynamic components so fun?
Because it reminds me of the teaching of mathematics in primary school.

I became in the meantime a IT-consultant, SketchUp is my passion, since it was still owned by the original makers ‘Atlast’.

As a teacher for SketchUp for beginners and advanced users, I have written a practical Dutch course.
This course is available for € 49.
I’d email you a few pages to get acquainted.

Johan Van Synghel
johan@macinfo.be

1 Like

Is it possible to save a screen image as a jpg file direct, instead of first printing, scanning and saving as jpg?

1 Like

Yes: File → export → 2d Graphic → …

1 Like

Great!

Mvh Allan
allan@tjoern.dk
http://www.tjoern.dk
+45 40526165

1 Like

Hi,
I’m Philip Proefrock, I’m an architect and probably an intermediate level SketchUp user. I’ve done a few schematic/conceptual things in SketchUp. But I haven’t yet run through a complete project into CDs, and that’s one of the things I am getting in here to learn more about.

1 Like

Hello My name is Scott

1 Like

And…? Can you say something else to add to this?

2 Likes

I’am a french retired and i do’nt speak english very well. I will try to undestand.
Thank you

1 Like

What more can I tell? I am beginner in sketchup, retired cabinet maker, graduated electronic engineer, living in the countryside, having hens, pigs, cattle and a large garden. Looking for more specializied courses. Cannot find a local representative in Denmark. Trying to set up a programme i a public school. Can you help me in this matter pls let me know.

1 Like

What is your industry and profession? engineer
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Hobby

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Learning Sketch up to use with 3D printer

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginer
What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. PC. No warehouse page
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?

Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)

What is your favorite Emoji?
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?
[/quote]

1 Like

Who are you, who, who?
Hello, I am John Crandell!

What is your industry and profession?
I work in the collections industry as an Information Systems Architect.

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
I use this personally, so far for game dev.

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…)
I found sketchup to be much simpler to use for designing levels that involve architecture. The snapping, inferences and all of that make it simple. Shapes and cutting, removing, adding and all, much simpler and more intuitive that other software like Blender.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
Beginner.

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
No

What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.527 (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count)
Windows 10
Core I7 4790K 4.0GHz
ASUS Mobo
8.0 GB RAM
64-Bit OS

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
My project blog: WordPress.com
No warehouse yet. Still learning.

1 Like

I am retired (former human factors engineer in aerospace industry)
I use SketchUp personally.
I use SketchUp for woodworking projects.
I am a beginner.
I haven’t attended a 3DBasecamp.
I operate SketchUp 2016 and 2017 on a Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 10.
Nothing to link yet
I’ve used CATIA some in the past.

1 Like

Who are you, who, who: The name is Mark Hughes
What is your industry and profession: Technical Customer Support Representative @ Trimble Navigation South Africa
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally: Personally
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it: I love the digital platform of creation, and ease of use plus it has real world scale so your ideas can have real application.
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced: Beginner
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp: No
What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.529 : Im office based,running sketchup on a Dell Latitude E7450 and using sketchup 2017 pro
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us: No
Anything else you would like to tell us: Hope my sketches someday see reality
What is your favorite Emoji? :wink:
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…: Nope, I enjoy long hours on the racetrack!

1 Like

Thanks for the honest thoughts, Jay! And welcome to the forum. We, too, love offering a free version of SketchUp…3D for everyone, we like to say ;-). Regarding SketchUp Pro and the price, what aspect of Pro do you feel you might want but can’t get from Make at the moment?

1 Like

Hi! I am Tluna, I am a wood worker 84 years young, I have been using 2016 Make now I have updated to 2017 Make. …I have to see what I am trying to accomplish and I need help. …Some how I am trying to make a cylinder and all of sudden I my circle tool turns to 3 point Tryangle??? How can I revert back to a regular Circle tool???

1 Like