Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hi! Folks, my handle is “gwapoguy” and I am a beginner in this endeavor.
I am running Win 10 computer that is maxed out with memory and storage.
I have a Ultimaker 2 printer and am on the learning curve.
My primary interest is in custom parts for radio controlled aircraft, so I will be working in small scale.
I expect to visit here often as I need a lot of help!
Thanks!

Hi, I’m Valentina!
I’m 16 years old and currently a highschool student.
I use SketchUp at home, nowadays just for fun.
I’m planning to start my studies in Architecture so I use it for that reason (and also cause i like it sooo much)
I’m a begginer - intermediate
I have a Lenovo with Intel Celeron 2.41 GHz 2gb ram (yeah, not the best but i’m planning to buy a better one soon! yay!) and use SketchUp 2017
I don’t have a website yet but I wish to have one so I can share my designs with the world haha
I also like animals and mountains (yeah, nothing to do with the rest of things i said)
So that’s all!
Nice to meet you all!

Hello!

My name is Romina, I´m from Argentina. I´m glad to be here. I hope to learn a lot and share my own experiences with you guys :grinning:

Hi,
I’m looking for developer that can assist me to develope website with abilities to display/modify Sketchup models.
Can you assist me to find one?
Thank you,
Arie

Hi! Pat here!

What is your industry and profession? I coordinate remodeling projects and also work on my own DIY home projects
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? I plan to use SketchUp both professionally and personally.
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? haven’t started using yet…
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? What is that?
What is your current set up? Make on a MacBook Pro OSX

Who are you? I am Jo from Billy Hoo Studio in Canberra, Australia

What is your industry and profession? I am an Interior Designer

Where do you use SketchUp? I have been using Sketchup for around 10 years for both personal and professional projects. I’m now drawing all my construction plans using Sketchup/Layout

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? Having used various CAD programs over the years I find Sketchup to be the least restrictive, it doesn’t stem the flow of your imagination.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? Maybe intermediate?

What is your current set up? I’m due for a new computer - Windows 10 64-bit, pro 2017

Do you have a 3DW page with your models, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? Sure, www.billyhoostudio.com

Anything else you would like to tell us? I’d love to learn more!

What is your favorite Emoji? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? I took it for granted growing up on the beach in Newcastle - now i’m in Canberra and it’s 3 hours to the nearest beach!!

I am a retired professor of architecture and landscape architecture.
I learned my first computer skills in 1972 and have used many systems and software programs since. I have forgotten most of them.
At this time I would say I am a beginner in SU.
I have used a Mac since retiring, although prior years were on PC or mainframe.

My name is Veronique Meignaud, I’m an illustrator based in Montreal. Currently senior designer at Moment Factory.
Where do you use SketchUp? At home or at work, for training.
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? I want to practice this software because it’s easy to learn, and more suitable for set design, interior/outdoor landscaping. I have a background (but a long time ago) in Maya, a bit of Modo couple of years ago; so it’s to compare the pros and cons of these softwares as well.
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner.
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Nope.
What is your current set up? iMac El Capitan (AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB), Sketchup pro.
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page? Not yet, but here is my portfolio: www.meignaud.com

Who are you, who, who?
Name is Jay Haun, retired, curious, and on a quest to learn.
What is your industry and profession?
Customer Service, cab driver, purchasing agent, and a lot more.
Where do you use SketchUp?
My hobby, designing tiny homes on wheels. Amateur
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
It was free and I was tired of pencil and paper. It causes me to think, ask questions and find answers.
How proficient are you in SketchUp?
Beginner working on intermediate and advancing towards armature novice.
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
Not yet, but may do so in the future.
What is your current set up?
Windows 10, Intel core i7-6700 cpu @ 3.40 ghz, 4 GB of memory, 27” Monitor, GeForce GT 730 Video Card, and a Logitech G13 for drawing keyboard assist.
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
Not yet.
Anything else you would like to tell us?
At the age of 7 I fell in love with Architecture when I started drawing house facades. Wanted to be an Architect or Draftsman but never saw myself doing it for a living. I am loving Sketchup an its ease of use.
What is your favorite Emoji?
Have not figured out how to do those things.
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?
When in the Navy, now live in mountains. Walk Cherry Creek all the time. Love being near the water. Miss the ocean and its many moods.

hi my name is russel and most of my experience in drawing has been by hand, i have a great deal of drafting background, and have done a lot of work in industry, now i want to learn more about drawing with sketchup
first question i tried to add a dimension and it came up in metric how do i change the preferance

Window/Model info/Units.

Either Architectural (feet, inches, fractions), Fractional (inches and fractions), or Engineering (feet with decimal part) to get Imperial/US units.

Hello All,

My name is Bernadette and use Sketchup Pro 2016 for landscape design. I have MacBook Pro, mid 2012 with MacOS Sierra. I’ve read posts on the forum for several years, so thanks for all the past help and future aid as well.

● Who are you, who, who? [WIN_20161225_07_14_35_Pro.jpg] Jason R Drozd
● What is your industry and profession? Aircraft Technician
● Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? At home for my personal Woodworking hobby
● Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? To draw Woodworking projects that I want to build, it is in 3D
● How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner
● Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? No
● What is your current set up? HP ENVY running Windows 10, 17" Touch Screen, 1TB harddrive, 12GB memory; Sketchup 2016
● Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? Web Site under construction through Google: TheSmellofWood.com
● Anything else you would like to tell us? Want to start a woodworking shop and post to youtube maybe
● What is your favorite Emoji? I do not have one
● Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? Yes, with my Beautiful Wife

Hi I’m Nilaul. I’m a artist and I’m currently doing my Masters in Architecture, however I’m not to sure if I’ll be actually practicing architecture full time after. I guess I would like to free and I would rather do multiple things then just do one thing for the rest of my life.

Sketchup drew me in through its ease of use, I’ve been using it since being a teenager nonstop. I would consider myself an intermediate user as I know how to create detailed and complicated structure but I have no idea on how to create dynamics components or code in ruby.

I’m a surfer from Greece. Happy to meet you all.

Howzit. kiwi guy here looking to learn sketchup quickly for a mini arcade machine i want to build

Who are you, who, who?
My name is Paul van der Marel, avatar ‘Maerel’, the middle age family name, being a blackbird.

What is your industry and profession?
I’ m about to finish my working career in ICT (freelance project manager, consultant, architect). In order to follow dreams I’m using SketchUp more and more, establishing my own web presence, aiming to offer visual preview designs to home owners that want to extend and alter their homes, real estate brokers etc.etc.

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
Having some construction background as well, next to using ICT graphic tools and construction, design, how it’s made, has always interested me.

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
Last year we sold our house, the kids flown out long time already, it became to big. We bought a first floor apartment that needed ‘some’ refurbishment, SketchUp was a very good tool to visualise thoughts.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
Since I started using Sketchup I’ve became quite proficient in using vs 2017 today. Designed a studio and den for the house of my daughter living in Curacao, drafted my own apartment extension and drew a few apartment extensions for a friend having a building, construction company.

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
No, not yet…bought video trainings and followed a few webinars by the reseller.

What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc
Before I was using Windows throughout my working career but shifted to Apple since 3 years now: iMac 21", 8Gb and MacBook Air SSD (next to iPhone7 plus iPad as well…).

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
No, wasn’t aware I could do so, although I’ve downloaded quite a few components for my designs already. I will check this out!

Looking forward to contribute and exchange thoughts.

My name is Jay. I’ve played around with SketchUp Make for a couple of years. I use SketchUp in planning projects around my house (drainage & landscape projects, moving walls, additions and anything else that would otherwise require me to use paper and pencil).

I joined the community because my needs have surpassed my skills, and I haven’t been successful finding tutorials that help me accomplish what I need. Nevertheless, I still learn interesting things even if not immediately useful to me. Invariably all paths point to Layout which is apparently part of SketchUp Pro which I don’t have the luxury to yet own.

I find it INCREDIBLE that SketchUp Make is free (and has been a pleasure to use), and am very thankful to the developers who make this resource available to us. My only complaint about SketchUp is the price for hobbyists like me who play with it, but don’t have enough justification to explain the purchase of SketchUp Pro to their spouse.

Ciao!

My name is Glen, really. Never could figure out why all these funny/weird handles/nicknames. I am a retired computer programmer. I also have worked as a cabinet maker. Currently I am on my third career as a railroad engineer. i.e. I drive a train.

I am a hobby woodworker, primary interest is lathe turned bowls although I sometimes do jewelry chests and some furniture.

I am a beginner Sketchup user. Still trying to fathom the system. I understand the very basic operations, I can draw a cube, cylinder, etc. Trying to wrap my mind around components, groups, etc.

Hello, my name is Lalo. I’m from Madrid, Spain. I have been working with IT almost all my life, 55 years today, right now I have quit IT and I work for the football/soccer industry :). Anyway, I just have found this tool a few days ago and I think is amazing. Well my first thoughts are using Sketchup to draw some plans for building a cart for my nephew. My problem right now is that I can not even launch it. :grin: