Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Does it have the SketchUp logo as a watermark in the upper right corner of the model window?

You should post this in the SketchUp Shop category instead.

No it does not. Sorry if I posted the question in the wrong place. This is all new to me.

Then you have SketchUp Shop open. Confirm it by checking for the Solid Tools.

Or look at the export options for types like .dxf.

I will repost my question to the correct location.

OK. I was expecting to have more tool bars available. Guess thats only the Pro version.

No needs for that, @DaveR allready solved your problem…

Thanks for your time & help…

All the tools should be there. Pro would have more toolbar options especially if you install extensions that have toolbars.

You have a 2017 license. Unless you’re using a 32 bit PC, you may as well use your 2017 license.

To get 2017 you can go to this page, and download SketchUp Make 2017:

When you get to the welcome screen, look for License, or Add License, and enter the serial number and authorization code for SketchUp Pro 2017. Then Make will become Pro.

I had the license system send your 2017 license to you, it should have arrived a few minutes ago.

1 Like

Howdy! I’m Rich Rosenthal from Mesa Arizona
I am mechanical design engineer. I have used Cadam('87-90), AutoCAD since '85, fastcad, Catia, Solidworks since 1997, ProE/Creo the past decade and now Sketchup pro for a personal home design project.

I am working with an iMac m1 mini and a LG 32" 4k monitor.

• What is your favorite Emoji? Well… my grandson insists it is not soft serve chocolate ice cream.
  • Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...? not when I start to recognize the footprints ahead are my own.
2 Likes

Hi,
Carla here, back to CAD and i am determined to understand S, this time.
I worked with autocad3D and rhino3D but always found the S a little difficult.
what videos should a watch first?
I want to work small interior spaces and do Vray rendering
Carla

Ho, how are you doing with the plan, thats exactly what i want to do too!

What version of SketchUp are you actually using? Your profile says SketchUp Make (desktop) 2022 which would be impossible as there is no such version. If you would like help, please help us by correcting your profile.

Hello. I can’t imagine many people are too interested in these, but just for the record this is me;
Retired mechanical design engineer, been designing and operating inspection tools and manipulators for the nuclear industry for 30ish years. - Often described as ‘making my own toys and getting to play with them’ and being paid to have all that fun. It was more like a hobby, and although I have now retired from work I have not stopped pursuing my hobby, although the projects are much more diverse. When I started my career, the design tools we had were large drawing boards and pencils. I have followed and used CAD from it’s inception, at a time when a mouse was a rodent and Windows were glass covered holes in the wall. The progression from 2-D to 3-D, and from computers that filled several large rooms, to Laptops.
Although I am familiar with many of the big professional CAD systems, they are no longer available to me as a hobbyist - just too expensive for the individual. Sketchup is affordable and I am enjoying playing on it. I did not come to SketchUp straight away because I had the impression that it was primarily for architecture and interior design. However I had a need to do some redesign of my house, so gave it a go. I have discovered that Sketchup is much more than just an architecture tool. At its heart is a simple 3D modeller that is easy to use and learn, but the strength lies in all the extensions that are available, so you can tailor it for your particular task. True the basic is perhaps over-simplified, and basic shape forming can be frustrating; - patterns mirroring, chamfers and radius-ing are long winded. But the great asset is the community of developers who respond wherever there is a need. You can always find an extension to solve the difficulty. The other great asset is the 3D warehouse, particularly helping in architectural design. You really don’t need to design from scratch items like toilets beds and chairs, unless your particular style is not available. Then if you do have to design it, you can always share it.
So far I am enjoying.

3 Likes

Bonjour à tous,
Je viens de rentrer dans votre forum. Géomètre puis artisan menuisier, je suis actuellement retraité.
J’habite un petit village alsacien de 300 habitants dans lequel se dressent encore 25 maisons en pierre du XVI è s., mesurées et datées par un archéologue. Depuis 4ans je les dessine en 3D avec sketchup free et viens il y a 2mois de passer à sketchup pro et travaille sur un macOS Monterey version 12,2.
Ce travail est presque fini, avec pour les maisons les plus intéressantes, différentes phases de leur évolution. Je travaille maintenant sur la modélisation du terrain, du ruisseau, des chemins, des textures et j’éprouve le besoin d’aide et de conseil.

Hi,

My name is L. Q. (Dick) Dickens and I have been designing new custom homes, large home additions, boat houses and boat sheds and some light commercial on DesignCad 3D Max either full time or part time since 1992. Most of my work is done on projects within half an hour of a 14,000 acre lake and resort / retirement community in central Virginia, so I tend to specialize in waterfront and mountain view homes.

I am a graduate architectural engineer.

I have been using the same 2D cad system forever. I started using Sketchup about a year ago for 3D modeling and I would consider myself if not a beginner, definitely on the lower end of the range of intermediate Sketchup users.

I am very interested in learning to use Sketchup and Layout to do complete construction drawings. Does anyone have experience using these tools and what guidance can you give me?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Hi! Well my name is Lola

I’ve worked as an operating department practitioner for the past 14 years. At this point all that job does is pay the bills so I’ve decided to see if i can’t change my life. Enter 3D interior modelling with Sketchup and Vray as of January 2022.

As a complete newbie I’ve started off by teaching myself with the help of YouTube, blogs and now hopefully with this community. It’s all very personal at the moment and i spend every moment I’m not at the day job on my laptop modelling the offplan 2 bedroom apartment I recently bought. So i would say what i love about Sketchup at this point is seeing what my builder grade apartment could look like.

I have gone all out with the setup as I’m pretty serious about going down this path. I have a Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10core CPU, 24core GPU, 32GB. I hope to become proficient enough to one day offer my services on Fiverr but absolutely understand i have a long way to go. From what I’ve read so far it’s reassuring to know I’m not alone in some challenges I’ve experienced thus far.
Everyone seems super helpful so I’m excited to be here.

Favourite emoji is :unamused: and when not on my laptop i love to rollerskate

6 Likes

Hi! (Sorry my english)

Hi,

I’m a Programmer, Industrial Product Designer, I’ve worked with Siemens NX, TopSolid, Promob, Solid Works, all with parametrically programmed products so that a product or industrial process is simplified and industrial errors are reduced to zero.
I knew Sketchup early on but just for entertainment, a few years later the opportunity arose to create industrial products with Sketchup I work focused on Dynamic Components, our salespeople when launching the product in the environment simply puts the size and finishes sketchup does everything else and returns a cost, production lists, factory notes etc… I have a special appreciation for Sketchup.

It would be interesting to have a 3D Warehouse for those who focus on programming / Dynamic Components

What is your favorite Emoji? :sunglasses:

• Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...? I really like coffee. :joy: :joy: :joy:

I’m Pecah, a retired codger/movie set designer/film director. I live in the Pacific Northwest and make furniture and stuff as a hobby. I’ve used Sketchup for the past half decade, and just recently bought my subscription of Sketchup Pro.

1 Like

Hello, I’m Cris. I know this thing is telling me that my name is spelled wrong, but I don’t care. When in high school, I realized it was easier to write my name in cursive(yes i am that old) without the h. So I dropped it.

I am the owner of Ward’s Drafting, LLC. Don’t bother searching, there is no web presence yet. Company is less than a year old. I have been doing AutoCAD for over 220 years. I decided to add Sketchup to my arsenal of software in hopes of gaining business. Oh yeah, it’s just cool, too.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!