Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

for boat building have a look at curviloft and slicer extensions

1 Like

Love your website Iwan :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, Gina - BC Canada. I’m an interior designer just learning Sketchup in an on-line course for designers and loving it. Wish I’d learned it sooner! I’m on a Mac,…

3 Likes

Hello,
Who are you, who, who? I’m Nori from Japan.
What is your industry and profession? I am a hardware engineer of factory automation industry.
Where do you use SketchUp? I just use it for my wood craft as a hobby.
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? Easy to use, intuitive operation feeing, free web version
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? What’s it?
What is your current set up? Windows 10, i5-7200U@2.5GHz, SketchUp for Web
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? Not yet.
Anything else you would like to tell us? I can’t save my files recently.
What is your favorite Emoji? :stuck_out_tongue:
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? There is no beach in my area… But I love it in the morning.

3 Likes

Sziasztok!
Átlagos sketchup felhasználó vagyok, már több éve használom. főleg komplett konyhákat, gardróbokat, szobabútorokat tervezek vele, melyet aztán meg is építek. Manapság látványterv nélkül nem lehet munkát vállalni.
Egy DELL I5 számítógépem van dokkolóval és egy samsung 24" íves monitor kapcsolódik hozzá.
Sketchup verzióm 2018 pro, mely windows10 alatt fut.

Köszönöm a befogadást

1 Like

Nevem Zoli és Magyarországon élek és dolgozok.

1 Like

Hi!
I am an average sketchup user, I have been using it for several years. I mainly design complete kitchens, wardrobes, room furniture with it, which I then build. Nowadays, you can’t take a job without a visual design.
I have a DELL I5 computer with a dock and a samsung 24 "curved monitor attached to it.
My Sketchup version is 2018 pro, which runs under windows10.

Thank you for your inclusion

My name is Zoli and I live and work in Hungary.

Szeretettel Üdvözlünk, Zoli,

Jó látni magyar szavakat itt! Sok sikert a fórumozához, ha lehet kérlek használd az angolt, itt többnyire azt használjuk… (valamilyen fordító, pl. Google sokat segíthet. Én is azzal fordítottam le a bemutatkozó szövegedet.)

Üdvözlet Németországból.

We warmly welcome you, Zoli,

It’s good to see Hungarian words here! Good luck with the forum, if you can, please use English, here we mostly use that languagge … (some kind of translator like Google can help a lot…).

Greetings from Germany.

4 Likes

Thanks

Dezmo via SketchUp Forum <sketchup@discoursemail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. aug. 9., H, 20:10):

Hey,
i’m luc, i’m 52 years old my work consists of installing alarms against burglary and fire.My hobby is model building and I like to use sketchup I personally use it to first draw my houses or the like and then imitate it in faom and to paint, and to my 3D printer. I think it is a wonderful program to work with and I learn every day, so I think it will be both
greetings luke

3 Likes

Lew Bishop Architect - trying SU again

1 Like

Hello
I have worked with precise camera match, photo match and real world scale 3D architecture visualizations since 2006.
I photograph from both plane, drone and terrain.
For a long time it was the precise camera match that I delivered for the architechts and 3D visualisations people to create the visuals.
I combine photography, GPS measurements, 3D data with photogrammetry and deliver precise camera matches for Sketchup, Rhino and 3ds Max. All three softwares can recreate the same precise matches.
Looking forward for som help and sharing my knowledge! :slight_smile:
Thanks,
Mikkel

3 Likes
  • Who are you?
    I am known by many names, and names are things other people give you. I don’t feel I’ve earned one for this space yet, so maybe I’ll see what sticks and change this later to reflect it.
  • What is your industry and profession? I work in an auto parts factory developing testing workflows for quality assurance. I’m also an artist, primarily 2D, but working towards integrating more 3D elements, if only to satisfy my undying love for geometry.
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Both. I started using it for work, but I happened upon some artists using it, not only for reference purposes, but sometimes finished works that take advantage of the style tools, especially Francis Tsai and Christopher Rosewarne.
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? It’s hard to say because my introduction to the program was somewhat rocky. I was put off by the interface and some of the tools, especially Follow Me which led to some serious headdesk moments. If any one thing cleared the haze and made me want to stick around, it’s how much it behaves like a vector drawing program (Illustrator, Inkscape, Affinity Designer) complete with strokes, fills, paths, nodes, and even the solid tools. Seeing it in those terms was definitely the Eureka! moment.
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? I think I’m going to take a cue from one of my favorite architecture YouTubers (30X40) and say: Enough, though obviously I can always improve.
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
    No, but I think it would be pretty cool. Then again, I’m monumentally introverted, so I’d likely be invisible for 99% of it.
  • What is your current set up? I have a 2018 model Mac Mini with only 8GB of RAM, though that’s been adequate for running SketchUp. I use a Steelseries Sensei 310 with my left hand, which keeps the number pad of my Logitech Carbon G413 keyboard right under my right, a perfect combination for both SketchUp and Affinity Designer. My setup at work is similar, except I have a 3DConnexion SpaceMouse Pro and a Razer Naga left-handed edition.
  • Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
    Why, sure. Here it is.
  • Anything else you would like to tell us?
    Yes.
  • What is your favorite Emoji?
    :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...?
    Depends on who I’m with.
1 Like

Rod G…, and in reply:
Architect
Professional
Creating 3D models and intuitive interface (until it’s not)
Intermediate
No
HP ProDesk, Dell Inspiron laptop, SketchUp Version 2021 Pro
No
None
yes, but even better on the mountain
…thank you

2 Likes

Hi, I am Federico Poliseno, I am from Argentina. Yesterday was my 35th birthday.
Back in June I began making Visualization 3D at home and sometimes with some friends. Soooo, I am somewhere between a beginner and intermediate SketchUp user.
I had never gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp.
My current setup: I7 4790k, Nvidia GTX 970, 8 gb ddr3 1866mhz (2x4 dual channel)
I am studying for Videogames Developement at UTN Argentina.

2 Likes

hello everyone
i’m mike, i used to play with sketchup long time ago. but i’ll forget to used the sketchup ,i hope everyone cant help me.I was around 42 year old, my first goal was to modelize a house structure.

i’m a small contractor from tawau,sabah malaysian
I used sketchup personally,during my free time at my work…

1 Like

Olá me chamo Tamires, moro em um interior localizado no Piauí, descobri o SketchUp faz alguns dias, de lá para cá venho tentando acessar mas sempre dá erros, fala que preciso de uma conta para estudantes, bom não participo de nenhum curso voltado para a ferramenta, apenas gosto de desenhar casas, e vi alguns vídeos de pessoas fazendo projetos bem legais nele, por isso fiquei interessada, mas por conta do problema de acesso está complicado, o que tenho que fazer? se alguém poder ajudar, é para uso próprio para desenhar mesmo, sem fins lucrativos

Hello fellow Sketchup users

1 Like

Hello, My name is Daniel and I am a beginner to sketch up. I am running off of a MacBook Pro Catalina and I have SketchUp Pro 2021. I have been making some designs for my local town and I created a suspension bridge that I think looks great. I am trying to export it into Google Earth but I keep getting an error and I have tried all the tips already on the internet and still no luck. Hopefully I can get some help here.
Thanks,
-Daniel

1 Like

Are you using Google Earth Pro?

Yes. I just started using it so maybe I’m doing something wrong?