Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Thanks

1 Like

Hi everyone … I am new in this forum.

I am a professional media producer. I own and run a company called Innovia House Media Production and I produce almost anything related to video productions, audio productions, graphics and VFX, though I am concentrating more on producing documentary films, music videos, TVC and graphics design.

I have been using creative softwares that are related to production/manipulation of audio, video, graphics, images, 3D since 1989 when all software were still DOS based. Nonetheless I mostly consider myself an amateur and a hobbyist even though sometimes I use some of my other softwares professionally like Vegas Pro, AfterEffect, CorelDraw, Sound Forge, etc.

I am learning to use SketchUp Pro mainly for my personal needs and projects. After learning SketchUp Pro I will start learning Cinema 4D.

1 Like

hi there

my name is Andy mclucas. architect. very early user . done some drawings and now can’t find?
also when I did last find said needed to update program . I think I’m subscribed to pro. any help appreciated.

1 Like

hi there simple question. which is the best sketch up program for sketch, working drawings

1 Like

Its best to post this question in a new post. Anyway, I recommend to go with SketchUp Pro if you can afford it.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Rick. Old sketchup artist re-learning. I used Sketch-up back when you could integrate kerkythea back in the day.

2 Likes

Welcome.

Kerkythea still works with SketchUp. I use it with SketchUp 2021.

2 Likes

Maybe someone can help point me in the right direction…I am using Sketch-up make 2017. How do I integrate Kerkythea into that and how do I install new textures?

1 Like

Should really start a new topic instead of going off topic here. Go to the Kerkythea website, Download Kerkythea and SU2KT.rbz Install SU2KT via the Extension Manager in SketchUp.

1 Like

Hi. my name is Brian. I am a very elderly woodworker which I do as a hobby. I am hoping to be able to use Sketchup to produce drawings for some projects I have in mind.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m an architect with about 45 years experience, with pencils only, and new to Sketchup. This should be interesting!

Mac, iMac
SketchUp 21

5 Likes

Hi all;

greeting from Indonesia

My name is Iwan; I graduated from architecture school in 2008. After years passed, I fall into the trap of the architectural visualization industry, where sleep is a forbidden word.

I know SketchUp since version 4, when the internet still baby, when downloading 3MB mp3 songs took months, when Valentino Rossi is called “rookie of the year” . It took no time for SketchUp to fascinating me with the ease of use of this software. Sixteen years passed by, and still on my honeymoon with this software.

Nowadays, my team and I use SketchUp daily. Heck, I might actually request the “open sketchup when windows start” button as number 1 priority on the next update :stuck_out_tongue:

From small scale bathroom to 40Ha resort masterplan, we’ve done it [ don’t ask how many cups of coffee being abused on this process :stuck_out_tongue: ]

I haven’t go to SketchUp 3DBasecamp; I took the wrong pillar on the train perron and end up in Hogwarts instead.

My current set-up is three young bachelors from architecture and design interior school. No mouse and keyboard needed; voice command activation. Too bad this kind of device only came on subscription-based, no perpetual license available

kidding

Ryzen 7 1700X, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti [ and yes, I bought it on MSRP, when bitcoin miners still asleep ]

pair it with win 10 64, SketchUp pro 2020 [ all hail classic license ], old but good Thea Render 1.5 [ too bad the exporter is not working with newer SketchUp version ] and D5 render [ because buying Lumion will force us to sacrifice our kidney ]

Haven’t had 3D warehouse page, but download lots of models from it i did. Haven’t write any extension, but i love you guys who make extension for this software. Haven’t had any time to fix our website, it’s still a template from Squarespace, so if you visit it, the page will look like a small restaurant website [ including a portfolio page which only contains food and drink menu ]. go ahead and try :stuck_out_tongue:

www.dreampixelcreator.com

Saw a UFO? I can’t deny nor confirm it [ “they” force me to sign NDA about this ]

my favorite emoji ? 2 dots with p

Enjoy long walks on the beach? sure, as long my feet don’t get wet, my sandal don’t have sands on it, the weather is not hot, and there is pine tree everywhere :stuck_out_tongue:

cheers folks
Iwan

6 Likes

Hi, I am a retired Design and Technology teacher of profoundly disabled young people. I used to teach my students how design on Sketchup and create using an early 3D printer. It is over 5 years since I retired and I have bought a 3D printer for home use but am having trouble exporting my designs to STL. I hope this forum will help me get back in the swing of things as I’m rather rusty!
Regards
Martin Cooper

2 Likes

hello, my name is andy. i’m a brewer in alaska. i mostly use sketchup for designing and creating models for 3d printing. i’m still using sketchup2015, and am pretty much a beginner.

1 Like

hi, my name is precious :blush:

1 Like

Who are you, who, who? I’m Andy Barnes

What is your industry and profession? **I’m an architectural designer, changed careers from building at 50 yrs old and did an architectural degree **

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? **I use SketchUp professionally. **

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? I use SketchUp mostly for concepts, but starting to take smaller jobs through to documentation

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? Intermediate

What is your current setup? ** I use/own Sketchup Pro 21 running on a PC Quad I7 Extreme at 4.9gz, 32 gig ram, RTX 2070 Super, 2x Benq monitors**

I have a Website www.smarterliving.space

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Neville and I am 69 years old.
I am the Coordinator of the Willoughby Community Men’s Shed www.willoughbymensshed.com
I am a longtime but inexperienced user who is wanting to know a lot more about Sketchup and use it in representing my design ideas and projects. I plan to ask for help on a regular basis, so feel free to have you input.

2 Likes

Hi, My name is Howard,
I am a Maine boatbuilder, so I do better with tools

than a key board.
I have used SketchUp for 10 or 15 years, always designing things I wanted to build, never taking the time to learn how to use the program efficiently. So here I am, a beginner with many hours using the program. That being said I have designed and built many projects successfully, from boat shops to boat components. But I do have fun with SketchUp want to learn how to use it proficiently.
I enjoy long walks in the woods.

4 Likes

Hi!

I’m a long time Vectorworks user who has been learning Sketchup for about a month. I just started working at a landscape design firm and we currently use the 2019 version. I have been wanting to learn Sketchup because it is a software that everyone seems to use. I realize that Sketchup was developed as a 3D modeling software first, however at our firm we use it extensively in 2D. I have been learning the software mainly from my boss since most of the educational resources concentrate on the 3D capabilities. I wish I could find more 2D focused tutorials.

Liberty Rucker

2 Likes

really important to understand groups andcomponents, but for demolition work use of tags and colour by layer worth investigating too

3 Likes