Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hi, I’m Sophie Norris from Bowden, United Kingdom

2 Likes

sweat_smile: My name is Ironnah Sydney Mazi, a Nigerian, a planning Engineer. I been in the Offshore/ Onshore industry for some years as a planner. I want to teach myself sketchup. I am just a beginner.

2 Likes

:wave: Hello!

Hello like your sketch

Sup guys i just joined how does this work

Hello -
I’m new, and hooked on the live sessions on youTube.

• What is your industry and profession?
    Unemployed.
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
    At home, casually.
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…)
    Right now, sort-of CAD reproductions of toys.
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
    Beginner
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
    No
  • What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.] (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count)
    Windows, decentish computer, GTX 1660. Sketchup Make 2017
  • Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
    Not Yet.
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)
    Shrug
  • What is your favorite Emoji?
    :man_shrugging:
  • Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...?
    Sorry - already spoken for.

I really like doing Lego in sketchup. Hope to post many more of these in the future.

3 Likes

I like to do woodworking and that is what I am looking for. So you are saying that I have to wait for 30 days and then I will be OK?

1 Like

All I was saying is that SketchUp 2017 Make will start out with a 30-day trial of SketchUp Pro with full access to the pro features. After that it will revert to SketchUp Make and you will lose all the pro features. The welcome screen might prompt you for a license which, if you had bought a license for the Pro version, you could add. Since you haven’t bought the Pro license, you can just go past that part and proceed to use the Make version. No need to wait for 30 days before using SketchUp. Just get after it. Start learning to use it and have fun designing your woodworking projects.

1 Like

So this is the wood working one that I saw on youtube?

Oh, thanks for the reply.

Who are you, who, who? **I’m chrischen,来自中国

What is your industry and profession? **I’m a product menager,coohom.com

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? **Personally

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes…) **功能强大,我还想尝试API

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? ** Beginner**

What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count) **MAC book pro

Do you have a 3DW page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? [https://www.coohom.com]

Hi! I’m new to the forum. I’m just an amateur. And I’m glad to be a part of this community!

1 Like

Hello SketchUp,

Who: Greig J Rutherford (Poetic Madness)
What: Architect, Inventor, Professor, General Contractor, Furniture Maker, Sculptor, Seeker of Beauty
Where: SketchUp for: Schematic design, Design Development, 3D Construction Documents, Presentation Documents
Proficiency: Self Taught with 20 years of experience, I would say I am quite proficient.
3D Basecamp: No
Set Up: Home Office, SketchUp Pro 2019 Version 19.3.252 subscription, mac OS 11.2.3, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Mid 2015), 3.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5; AMD Radeon R9 M290 2 GB
Warehouse Page: No
Anything Else: There is but one art and that art is poetry! If you are going to make a place… it should be worthy of habitation. I will not do ordinary… If a client isn’t interested in beauty and the idea of living poetically they should find someone else. Poetry isn’t expensive… it is, however, hard!
Emoji: :thinking: Hmmmmm…
Enjoyments: Beach? Yes Forest? Yes Mountains? Yes 2 weeks alone in the Arctic with my canoe? YES!

Hi my name is Tony from Australia and have been a user of SketchUp for many years for architectural plans.
Is anyone having problems with sketchup 2021transferring your model to layout and the tag settings
I’m finding I have to in layout turn off all the non relevant tags before the model I sent over to Layout
is the same scene I had saved on sketchup