Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hmmm missed that.
Maybe next time…

Hi, my name is Lesley and I just subscribed to Sketchup Shop. I’ve learned soooooooo much in two days and I love it but I am definitely a beginner. Sketchup I work in the building trades industry. I need Sketchup to design showers and decks with glass railings. My big question is can I add toolbars to Sketchup Shop? Shop comes only with the toolbar that It only comes with two toolbars like Sketchup Free.

Hi Lesley,

Welcome.

As to your question, no. the toolbar set up in the web versions of SketchUp are as they are. You can’t customize them. Is there something you are looking for?

Hi, this is Madeline. I used Sketchup in 2017 as an aid to our apartment remodel and redecoration. I just paid for “shop” and so far am not happy at all-- can’t get a single thing done.
Can’t even figure out how to do an independent post in this forum, although I imagine it’s possible.

Welcome Madeline

The user interface is different in SketchUp Shop than in the desktop versions. Most of the tools you need can be accessed from the left side toolbar.

As for creating an new topic, click on the button in the upper right part of the front forum page.

Thanks for the reply. How do I import a floorplan formatted as a .jpg? That is pretty basic and step 1, and seems to be impossible in this $119 software.

How about starting a new thread on this topic?

My question on the forum is, it said “introduce yourself” but the only way for me to get a box to type in was to hit “reply”.

For my $119 there was supposed to be tech support. Can’t find it anywhere. Any idea where it is?

There is a limited number of tech support folks and since they are all working from home, you’re likely to get faster responses here in this forum.

The screen you showed, with “new topic” in the upper left, does not show up for me. I’m using Chrome on a MacBook Pro. All the topics on the youtube channel seem to refer to the “old” product I had 3 years ago, which worked fine for me. Really, really stuck. :frowning:

Click on the SketchUp logo.

thanks

Hi I’m Rick,
I use Sketch-up as an Architect. I love the way Sketch-up can take a hard lined cad drawing and make it look like a sketch that can easily be worked on without starting from scratch especially when it comes to adding/changing material and color to my renderings. I’ve been working on a watercolor style to my renderings all within Sketch-up. Here is a sample.

10 Likes

long time user, just now getting here today.
Asked a question and got help in 5 min., GREAT

2 Likes

New to SketchUp. Taking courses in design at Los Angeles Trade Tech. Just trying to work hard on getting better during quarantine…

2 Likes

Greetings gentlemen and ladies,

I am a retired teacher of physics and ancient history with a fascination for cut-out models of ancient buildings.

I am new to this community so my question is probably dumb…

I want to design a model of Tutankhamun’s tomb and export it to Pepakura to be printed in fold-up design form.

1. Am I able to use the free web-based Sketchup to create the design? i.e. will the web-based software allow me to do this?

2. Will I be able to export Sketch-up files to Pepakura, or can I only do that if I use a paid version of Sketchup?

3. I am able to buy Pepakura but I could never afford to buy Sketchup outright or pay the monthly subscription price.

4. Before I spend anything is the web-based “Free” Sketchup going to stop me exporting my design to Pepakura?

These questions are probably dumb but I am a slow learner,

Many thanks in advance,

Gazza

Who are you?
Paul

What is your industry and profession?
Serious hobbyist

Where do you use SketchUp?
At home.

Personally/professionally? personal

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…) woodworking and 3D printing is my goal

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
beginner

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
No

What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.]?
Windows 10 (64 bit) using sketchup version 2017 (downloaded)

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? No.

Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)
No.

What is your favorite Emoji?
I don’t use emojis.

1 Like

Who are you?
Trevor

What is your industry and profession?
Data Center Construction Project Manager / Former CAD Monkey

Where do you use SketchUp?
Home Projects

Personally/professionally?
Personal, but hoping to jump back into design.

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…)
Clean, Simple, Aesthetically Appealing Drawings. Streamlined Workflows.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
I’d say intermediated. I started using it in 2006/2007… stopped for a very long time and getting back into it. I was one of the first to attend Google’s Lunch & Learns back then.

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
No

What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.]?
Laptop: 2018 Surface Book Pro: Windows 10 (64 bit), 16GB, 1050 Video Card
Desktop: Custom build, Windows 10 (64 bit), 64GB, dual 1070 Video Cards
Sketchup 2020 Pro, Actively learning ConDoc Tools.

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
No.

Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)
Nothing that entertaining… I like to ride bikes, and I guess and I’m hoping to strike it rich on the Vlog scene soon by reviewing and creating content specific to design and construction.

What is your favorite Emoji?
I don’t know…¯_(ツ)_/¯

[quote=“SketchUpCommunityManager, post:1, topic:6944”]

• **Who are you? 'Don't know how to put a photo on. I am retired and use Sketchup occasionally. **Where do you use SketchUp? Personally
  • **`Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? 'I use it primarily to draw Cabinets. I use Sketchthis as well. I use it to explain things to others, where I need to draw a diagram such as electrical circuits.
  • **`How proficient are you in SketchUp? 'I have had Pro for may years but use it only occasionally
  • **Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?Never been to boot camp watched a couple of videos
  • **`What is your current set up? 'I use Sketchup on my PC both at home and in our winter Home in Arizona
    Do you have a 3D Warehouse page No 3D Page
  • *`Anything else you would like to tell us? 'I fine getting information on how to very difficult. I have tried to use this forum and never seem to get an answer if my question even gets posted I don’t know.