Weird automatic placed edges on texture

Try my method with the image I posted. Import the image as texture, stretch it across all the tiles, then hit return. The first tile will be painted with the texture, then sample that surface with the eye dropper and paint the rest. No dark lines. You can size the surfaces after to fit the image.

1 Like

Hi I just tested your method and it works. However I need seperate textures for each tile in order to work with the flight simulator system. So my idea was making every texture in each tile a unique texture by using the ‘Make unique Texture’ feature. After testing this in the sim I see some different black lines at specific distances and angles, which is also visible in SketchUp as seen in the attached video.

Does anyone have a solution for this specific problem?

can you post the original full image or a link to it…

a png without alpha would be the best starting point for SU…

john

Here is the picture - I hope this will help to understand. What I did was softening edges between each tile ( the goal is to have seperate textures for each tile ) and then clicked ,make unique texture". The result are those black fading black lines at bigger distances and angles starting at about 30°.

What about reversing your workflow: make the textures unique before hiding or softening the edges. BTW, I would Hide the edges instead of softening them, as that doesn’t affect the shading.

Hi!

Tried both methods but I still get the same result :frowning:
Here is the SKP file if you’re interested ( the texture that’s used in empty copy is called ,combined’ )

eghi_2.skp (12.1 MB)

I erased the edges between one row of faces, painted the large face with the “combined” texture, positioned the texture to fill the face, split the face to four again, made the texture of each unique, painted a new row of faces with the new materials and lastly softened the edges between. This is the result:

I see no new artifacts. The image has old faint tiling where the original aerial photos have been stitched together but they have nothing to do with SketchUp.

1 Like

that sounds great so far. have you tried moving the camera to an angle of like 45°?
Here’s an example to show you better:

I’d be great if you test this an post a picture of it as a replay. Thanks!